Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: 3.280

Postby Francois2010 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:43 am

Here I have not had a problem with the download. I would also like to know what's changed with the new instruments.
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

Postby James Lamonte » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:32 am

Any chance of making an update DVD set? I am prepared to pay for the cost and shipping, becuse you could rip these sounds and send them directly in less time it takes to DL them from the site. I think its a great idea.

So you could download them directly, or for a small cost, have a DVD sent through the mail.
James Lamonte

Postby joswyl@telenet.be » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi there

I didn't experience any problems while downloading and installing (normal procedure), except for the fact that the download was extremely slow.

Now that I'm working with the update, a strange thing happened. After some playbacks of a my new score, all of a sudden playback stopped all together. No way to payback anything, nor exporting audio file. I restarted the computer, but in vain. Has anyone else experienced this issue? :|
joswyl@telenet.be

Download bundles

Postby Mister HU » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi, Notion Folks. Thanks for the update. Things installed fine for me.

I see that there is a download bundle for woodwinds, strings and brass, but the percussion instruments seem to have no bundle. It looks to be about 30 instruments that must be downloaded one at a time. Will a bundle be made for these?

Secondly, I just noticed that the new trumpet sample sounds fine when playing f, but sounds like a strangled cat when playing ff. I'm still pretty much a beginner when it comes to Notion and instrument samples in general, so I'm just wondering if this is just the nature of things, or if there's anything I can do to make it sound better.

I mention this, because I am STILL using the Notion 2 samples of solo viola, as the Notion 3 samples sound a bit like the player is drunk - I can only describe the pitch as being a bit "wonky." I may have asked others about this many months ago, and received no response, so I'm just bringing it up again. Is it just me, and is there anything I can do to make it sound better?

Thanks.
Mister HU

Re: Download bundles

Postby Admin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:56 am

Mister HU wrote:Hi, Notion Folks. Thanks for the update. Things installed fine for me.

I see that there is a download bundle for woodwinds, strings and brass, but the percussion instruments seem to have no bundle. It looks to be about 30 instruments that must be downloaded one at a time. Will a bundle be made for these?

The instruments not included in the "bundled" instruments are not updated, so you shouldn't need to download them.

Mister HU wrote:Secondly, I just noticed that the new trumpet sample sounds fine when playing f, but sounds like a strangled cat when playing ff. I'm still pretty much a beginner when it comes to Notion and instrument samples in general, so I'm just wondering if this is just the nature of things, or if there's anything I can do to make it sound better.

This is a known issue and we're going to have a fix for it in the next build (coming soon!!)

Mister HU wrote:I mention this, because I am STILL using the Notion 2 samples of solo viola, as the Notion 3 samples sound a bit like the player is drunk - I can only describe the pitch as being a bit "wonky." I may have asked others about this many months ago, and received no response, so I'm just bringing it up again. Is it just me, and is there anything I can do to make it sound better?

Thanks.

Don't have any good suggestions for this......
Admin
Site Admin

Postby wcreed51 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:04 am

A 12 step program perhaps?
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Re: Download bundles

Postby Mister HU » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:14 pm

Admin wrote:The instruments not included in the "bundled" instruments are not updated, so you shouldn't need to download them.

This is a known issue and we're going to have a fix for it in the next build (coming soon!!)

Don't have any good suggestions for this......

Thanks for those responses. I was wondering about the percussion list, but since they were on a page titled "Sample Updates" I thought they must be updated as well. You might want to clarify that on your webpage.

Alas, I tried the 12 step program, and my solo viola still sounds like IT'S the one that needs the 12 step program. I would love to hear from other people about their experience with the solo viola!

Thanks.
Mister HU

Postby Admin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:31 am

James Lamonte wrote:Any chance of making an update DVD set? I am prepared to pay for the cost and shipping, becuse you could rip these sounds and send them directly in less time it takes to DL them from the site. I think its a great idea.

So you could download them directly, or for a small cost, have a DVD sent through the mail.

Have you been able to download the sample updates? We won't be able to burn a disc for you, and considering everyone else isn't having issues with speed I wanted to see if you were able to get them?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby James Lamonte » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Admin wrote:
James Lamonte wrote:Any chance of making an update DVD set? I am prepared to pay for the cost and shipping, becuse you could rip these sounds and send them directly in less time it takes to DL them from the site. I think its a great idea.

Have you been able to download the sample updates? We won't be able to burn a disc for you, and considering everyone else isn't having issues with speed I wanted to see if you were able to get them?

I haven't yet, download starts at a rate of 280k then throttles to 40-50k I'll just have to leave the puter on overnite to grab them. Could be worse, anyone remember 54k?
Thanks anyway for this fantastic free upgrade.
“Art is never finished, only abandoned.”
James Lamonte

Postby pbourke » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi - I downloaded the new build. I have VSL Instruments PRO. When I select a VSL instrument, the 'VSL Techniques' tab in Notion 3 is empty. Do you know why?

Thanks Patrick
pbourke

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION