Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 3 demo

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Notion 3 demo

Postby frivo » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:33 pm

JorgV wrote:I like demos where you can't save, with unlimited time. But I guess they already made their mind up about this.

And indeed... how soon is soon? ;)

I think being unable to save work would be incredibly frustrating with a composing program. You'd never finish anything!
I thought Notion had it just right with a nice long 30-day trial where you can access all of the program, the only thing annoying (as I said) was that the timer would continue to count down when you didn't use it. For this reason I had to be quite careful of when I installed it in order to get the most out of it. That's why I think not counting full days of no use in the timer would be best, as you wouldn't have to worry about the trial running out too quickly or delay your installation of it so you don't lose time when yo0u go on holiday.

Maybe the best is a comination of those.
After 30 days (and even better, 30 "active" days), you can still use the program, but without possibility to save and print
frivo

Postby Unfinished » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:18 am

I like that, though I'd say that once the 30 (active) days are over, when you open it up and close it down it reminds you about the fact that hereafter you will not be able to print or save.
Unfinished

Postby fabiolcati » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:31 am

N2's demo already worked this way.
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby KylePoehling » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:55 pm

frivo wrote:Sonar and cakewalk? Isn't Cakewalk the developer of Sonar?
I hope you meant Cubase, because this is the program I use.

I look forward to try your program.

Sorry...yes...I meant Cubase......I'll have some vids up this week of ReWire in use....
Kyle Poehling
Marketing/Communications Manager-Notion Music
http://www.hotpoliticsband.com
http://www.modernrobot.net
KylePoehling

Postby Fastelder » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:54 pm

Kyle:

I gave up waiting for the demo, so I just ordered the Sonar/Notion3 bundle. Is N3 actually shipping currently?

Ed
Fastelder

Postby rickshapiro » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:20 am

Fastelder wrote:Kyle:

I gave up waiting for the demo, so I just ordered the Sonar/Notion3 bundle. Is N3 actually shipping currently?

Ed

I'm going to wait on the demo before committing to the bundle. I hope they can get the demo out soon, really frustrating.
rickshapiro

Postby fandango » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:07 am

Yeah, I've sent in my coupon request, but I'm still hoping to demo it extensively first. :ugeek:
fandango

Postby frivo » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:43 pm

Do you think the demo will come soon? I have purchased Notion3, but I almost can't wait to play with it...
frivo

Postby fandango » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:40 am

So much for self discipline... between reading the forums and watching the new video tutorials, I'm pretty convinced. :D Also, the crossgrade price was just insane. :o

Now the waiting begins... :oops:
fandango

Previous

Return to NOTION