Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Alto Flute, Please!

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Would you buy an alto flute instrument if Notion made one available?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 7

Alto Flute, Please!

Postby DrH » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Notion is now missing only one of the basic traditional instuments; namely, the alto flute.

Given that it has been hyped that Notion has been used as the complete performance orchestra for performance from Ballet to Broadway, how can the alto flute be ignored for so long (especially in the latter case where the alto flute is a staple of B'way orchesatration?). It is also no stanger to classical orchestrations.

Agree? Disagree?
DrH

Re: Alto Flute, Please!

Postby fabiolcati » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:34 am

Supposing that upper button is meant to be choosen to agree, then yes, I agree. ;)
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby thorrild » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:10 am

Thanks for pointing out this omission. I was just looking for the Alto Flute just now!

Although I'm a little wary of getting into a list of more-or-less standard instruments not available yet from Notion, I have long found it odd that although the Sopranino Sax is provided in the Saxophone package, the Bass Sax is not, even though the Contrabass Sax is there and can be used in a pinch.

Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby DrH » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:25 pm

fabiolcati wrote:Supposing that upper button is meant to be choosen to agree, then yes, I agree. ;)

Yes, the upper bottom is "Yes". It seems that if users select the red background format for this forum, then polls are difficult to read because both the question and answers are in a white font that all but disappears against the white background of the poll area.

Maybe the good folks at Notion can fix this as well. But first, an alto flute, please! :-)

DrH
DrH

Return to NOTION