Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

question about Vienna ensemble Pro template

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

question about Vienna ensemble Pro template

Postby freepoulite » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi

i've got a problem with VEP:
i've follow the tutorial on "multichannels vsti" but here's a thing that i don't understand

in this case i have VEP session in my macbook pro and NOTION on my Imac
on each channel of VEP i've got a Kontakt with one instrument and many articulations
in NOTION i assign correctly the VEP channels to each staff
my question is:
is it possible to change articulation in an instrument?
i try to explain: is it possible to send in a particular VEP's channel(for instance ch1(piccolo)) ,a channel change (to change articulation(of the piccolo))??

i hope that you understand my question i'm french and don't speack very good english
freepoulite

Re: question about Vienna ensemble Pro template

Postby labou » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:40 am

Hi,

You have to edit the rules files and use a midi channel condition instead of the instrument ID they use which isn't open to us. And then you are likely to have to change keyswitches values inside the same rules files so it corresponds to the one use by your Kontakt instruments. You can look at my other post I did regarding VE Pro I explained how I set it up and it works quite nicely on my end.
labou

Return to NOTION