Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Please help me =(

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Please help me =(

Postby max05XIII » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:47 pm

Can someone please guide me step by step on how to create multiple staffs for a mulitchannel VST. I have miroslav philharmonik and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out of to assign new staffs to miroslav. Im going to tell you guys exactly what Im doing...

1) Open Notion
2) Click New
3) Go to the Miroslav Tab and select "sections" and then "strings 2"
4) Go to Special Staffs and select basic staff...I make about 5 new staffs.

What do I do from here? The tutorial vid didnt help me at all...When I press Cnt+I, I see the channel settings, but when I try to make one staff a particular channel, nothing happens. I get no sound, and in the mixer for the staff I just created, it says "part sound files not found"...please someone help me?
max05XIII

Re: Please help me =(

Postby astinov » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:44 am

This should help:

5) Click on the Strings 2 staff you inserted previously. Ensure the yellow marker is on the staff
6) Click Shift+I to open the shift instrument dialog
7) Change Default Channel to point on an instrument channel you want to use. In Strings 2 you get violas on channels 1-6, Cellos on 7-11 and basses on channels 12-16. So say you want a viola on a basic staff - choose any channel between 1-6, it doesn't matter which the program will take care of articulations switches.
8) Hit OK and place the instrument change on one of the basic staffs
9) repeat as necessary

If you want to have an entire string section you should setup both Strings1 and Strings 2 this way. Also, make sure you don't accidentally delete this instrument change later on, or you'll lose the assignment.

Hope this helps

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Re: Please help me =(

Postby max05XIII » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:13 pm

omg it worked!!! thank u soo much!! :D
max05XIII

Return to NOTION