Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Play 2.0.8 + EWQL

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Play 2.0.8 + EWQL

Postby arb58 » Tue May 11, 2010 6:03 am

Hi,

I had purchased EWQL a few months ago but had not been able to make use of it with Notion 3 before I upgraded to Play 2.0.8 today.

Since upgrading it has worked great however I got the Missing sample prompt so I went here to fix that (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=170), while loading and saving the notion files I realized that my PC was running more than one copy of Notion 3.0, each copy was running 13% of CPU load. I checked further and it seems that if I load a notion file that makes use of Play 2.0.8 then close Notion 3, it closes the user interface but Notion 3 is still running in the background so it never closes.

Has anyone else seen this or is it just my installation?

Thanks,

Andrew.
arb58

Re: Play 2.0.8 + EWQL

Postby arb58 » Tue May 18, 2010 6:45 am

Bump!!

No one else seeing this?

Thanks,

Andrew.
arb58

Postby Erufailon » Tue May 18, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, I didn't upgrade to 2.x so far, because my present installation works perfectly, and if it ain't broken, don't fix it, but I was thinking about it, so thanks for the warning that I might have problems.
Erufailon

Postby Admin » Tue May 18, 2010 6:41 pm

I'll bring this up to Lubo tomorrow and see if I can get an answer....

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby astinov » Wed May 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi Andrew,

What I think may be happening is the PLAY might not be closing completely, in which case NOTION too, as a host might wait for the plugin to close and not close right away. This may happen if PLAY had lots of samples loaded as is the case with some of the EWQL presets and it may take awhile to actually unload them all. PLAY 2 was just recently released so bear in mind there might still be kinks to work out.

If this continues to happen, I would just kill the process in the process manager before launching NOTION again.

Hope this helps.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby arb58 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:03 pm

astinov wrote:Hi Andrew,

What I think may be happening is the PLAY might not be closing completely, in which case NOTION too, as a host might wait for the plugin to close and not close right away. This may happen if PLAY had lots of samples loaded as is the case with some of the EWQL presets and it may take awhile to actually unload them all. PLAY 2 was just recently released so bear in mind there might still be kinks to work out.

If this continues to happen, I would just kill the process in the process manager before launching NOTION again.

Hope this helps.

Lubo Astinov

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

No problem, I think you may be right about trying to unload the samples though I have left it a long while and the process gets to about 56 mb so I would think the samples have been unloaded at this point. Having said that it possibly could be a Play issue because this is the first version I have had where I could integrate it with Notion, the previous version always gave me an error when I tried to enable the vst (this was a play issue because it happened in other hosts).

I will keep an eye on it. I was killing the processes after a while, the reason I noticed it was because my PC was getting noisier due to fans speeding up, that is when I noticed each process was using 13% of CPU.
arb58

Return to NOTION