Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

problem with inserting a breath mark

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

problem with inserting a breath mark

Postby wolf2 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:40 pm

hi people,

when I'm inserting a breath mark I can only set this value to a minimum of "1 8th" as a rest. I would like to set this value shorter....like "1 16th" e.g. . it seems, as this is not possible. am I doing sth wrong or is this a bug?

thanks for all hints

wolf
wolf2

Re: problem with inserting a breath mark

Postby wolf2 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:07 am

bump
wolf2

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:12 am

wolf2 wrote:hi people,

when I'm inserting a breath mark I can only set this value to a minimum of "1 8th" as a rest. I would like to set this value shorter....like "1 16th" e.g. . it seems, as this is not possible. am I doing sth wrong or is this a bug?

thanks for all hints

wolf

I was able to place a breath mark in, double click, type 1 sixteenth note, and it seems to work correctly.

You need to type out the duration you'd like the breath mark to take up, but is seems to be working correctly from what I can see.

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby ulrik » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:29 am

Admin wrote:
wolf2 wrote:hi people,

thanks for all hints

wolf

I was able to place a breath mark in, double click, type 1 sixteenth note, and it seems to work correctly.

You need to type out the duration you'd like the breath mark to take up, but is seems to be working correctly from what I can see.

-Kyle

I tried this too, I wrote "1 sixteenth note" and it became "1 second", and I'm not able to write 1 16th either so something is wrong I think.

regards / Ulrik
ulrik

Postby wolf2 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:45 am

hello kyle, hello ulrik,

thanks for your replies! but as ulrik it experiences it too, the same happens here...after typing in that 16th stuff (which is anyway very unhandy if you have to type that out) it "jumps" to 1 second.

any chance to get that resolved?

thanks a lot

wolf
wolf2

Postby thorrild » Mon May 03, 2010 1:13 pm

bump (test)
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby thorrild » Mon May 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Entering "1 sixteenth" doesn't work for me either. Maybe it looks at "1 s" and assumes it's a shortcut for "second"?

Work-around: Enter ".5e" for half of an eighth note. It plays back correctly for me, and as for handiness, I think that 3 keystrokes is okay.

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby wolf2 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:30 am

thorrild wrote:Entering "1 sixteenth" doesn't work for me either. Maybe it looks at "1 s" and assumes it's a shortcut for "second"?

Work-around: Enter ".5e" for half of an eighth note. It plays back correctly for me, and as for handiness, I think that 3 keystrokes is okay.

Best,
Thorrild

...hey...you have really creative ideas here! thanks for this work-around thorrild! and it's even possible to type in smaller values as 0.5. now I have my subtle breath pauses...which is very important for an convincing human playback.
wolf2

Postby ulrik » Tue May 04, 2010 1:51 am

thorrild wrote:Entering "1 sixteenth" doesn't work for me either. Maybe it looks at "1 s" and assumes it's a shortcut for "second"?

Best,
Thorrild

Thanks thorrild, very creative thinking, I suppose your music is just as creative. :D
ulrik

Postby fabiolcati » Tue May 04, 2010 2:50 am

Hi all.
Not inserting a breath mark for a while now.
But I noticed it pauses ALL the instruments -
like a silent fermata - instead of the one alone I want to be breathing.
So I stopped to use it.
Maybe it's solved in recent builds?
Since I have found it very expressive, I wish to reintroduce it
in my scores, letting performers taking a breath.
Almost sometimes.
Greetings
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Return to NOTION