Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Advanced Custom Playback Rules

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Advanced Custom Playback Rules

Postby lordpreston » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:47 am

hi there,

2 questions:

1st: i'm wondering if there is any possibility to define custom playback rules not only for a whole plugin but for special instruments within that plugin. for example, i want to have different rules for the violins than the flutes, but both instruments are loaded into vienna ensemble. is it possible?

2nd: is there a way to define playback rules for articulations which are not yet implemented into notion?
for example i want to playback ircam solo instruments (http://www.uvisoundsource.com/ircam-sol ... ucts_id/40) which gives many uncommon articulations via notion.
of course, there are no special graphic symbols, but may there is a possibility to put hidden commands into the score or something?

thank you!
lordpreston

Re: Advanced Custom Playback Rules

Postby wcreed51 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:25 pm

Item 2 is the big deal killer for custom rules. What’s needed is the ability to insert non-printing user defined markings that send keyswitch, CC, or Bank/Patch change messages.

A possible work around would be to play in those items on a sequencer staff associated with the instrument you want to control.

Bill
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby Erufailon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:28 pm

1, you can use midi channels, if Vienna uses them, dunno, don't have it.
2, you have 20 custom expressions and 10 custom sounds. You can use them as x01..x20 and cs01..cs10 with the if technique= tag. In N3 press the ' key then type the expressions name. x01..x02 are note techniques, so they apply to the note they are on, and cs01..cs10 are techniques that apply to all the notes after the one you put it on, until cancelled by another cs or normale. As for non-printing, before printing you can clear up the score, it's not that much of a work. (I edit the expressionlist file to add my own expressions, but it's not recommended if you are not 1000% sure that you know what you are doing).

edit: typo
Last edited by Erufailon on Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erufailon

Postby lordpreston » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:34 am

sounds good, will have to try it out!
thx
lordpreston

Return to NOTION