Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Trills on MIDI

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Trills on MIDI

Postby Raymond Robijns » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:18 am

Late night I discovered that trills aren't exported to MIDI as trills, just the one note, not the bunch which make a trill. And also the tremolo's.

Raymond
PC Intel I7-Quad core, 12 Gb RAM, Windows 7-Pro X64, lots of HD's intern and extern, SONAR 8.5, NOTION 3, Altiverb, Overture, GPO libr., Garritan Authorized Steinway, PianoTeq 3.5 and soon EWQL SO.
Raymond Robijns

Re: Trills on MIDI

Postby pcartwright » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:47 pm

This makes sense considering that the rules files indicate that trills and tremolos generate a keyswitch or channel change to actually play the trill. This was mentioned in an earlier forum (which I think you started Raymond ;))

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=727&p=2894&hilit=midi+trill#p2894

The trill won't be played unless there is a switch or patch that actually plays a trill sample. Per Lubo, there aren't MIDI notes when generating trills or trems.
pcartwright

Postby Erufailon » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:48 pm

It would actualy be very nice if it was possible to make Notion apply midi messages to notes unless it finds a rule that applies to the situation. I mean it could create the trill in midi, but if it found a rule for that trill it wouldn't do that, instead it would just play the rule.
Erufailon

Postby pcartwright » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:18 pm

Agreed. In my experience, GPO handles MIDI trills and tremolos very well with the legato CC (usually the pedal controller) turned on.
pcartwright

Return to NOTION