Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Tutorials won't play back

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Tutorials won't play back

Postby thorrild » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:01 pm

Has anyone had trouble playing the tutorial videos on the Notion/Support page?

No matter which video I select, I get a message saying, "An error occurred. Please try again later." That has been the case all day. I can play YouTube videos off that web site without problems, just find it a lot easier to have all the relevant videos in one place, instead of having to dig through hundreds of non-applicable search results on YouTube.

What am I doing wrong?

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Re: Tutorials won't play back

Postby Raymond Robijns » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Just tried this on my Windows 7 PC and had no problem playing them from the Notion Support page.

Sorry, no solution given.....
Raymond
PC Intel I7-Quad core, 12 Gb RAM, Windows 7-Pro X64, lots of HD's intern and extern, SONAR 8.5, NOTION 3, Altiverb, Overture, GPO libr., Garritan Authorized Steinway, PianoTeq 3.5 and soon EWQL SO.
Raymond Robijns

Postby 4tune » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:03 am

They should all be on the Notion Channel page from Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NOTIONMusicInc#g/u

The only `non-applicable` results will be other non-tutorial Notion Videos :)

Just to note I am using the latest firefox to view the videos page and it works fine here. (though if you are not I am sure this single issue may not be enough to try firefox to fix it)
4tune

Postby thorrild » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:02 am

Thank you, 4tune, for the URL. I am still getting the error message when using the Notions page, but everything works fine on the YouTube page.

Just for the record, I am on an iMac, running OS 10.6.3 and Safari 4.0.5. Thanks also for the Firefox plug, although, as you say, this is not enough to make The Grand Switch.

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:12 am

thorrild wrote:Thank you, 4tune, for the URL. I am still getting the error message when using the Notions page, but everything works fine on the YouTube page.

Just for the record, I am on an iMac, running OS 10.6.3 and Safari 4.0.5. Thanks also for the Firefox plug, although, as you say, this is not enough to make The Grand Switch.

Best,
Thorrild

Just tried them on an identical system (iMac 10.6.3, Safari 4.0.5) and they played fine for me (even got them to work on a co-workers new iPad:))....you may check to see if there are any other updates on your computer that may have to do with web browsing. Do you have anything "special" going on with a firewall or anything? I don't think this would cause a problem, but just trying to help troubleshoot :geek:

The YouTube Channel should help out a good bit and you shouldn't have to "sort" through thousands of other videos....

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby 4tune » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:57 am

thorrild wrote:Thank you, 4tune, for the URL. I am still getting the error message when using the Notions page, but everything works fine on the YouTube page.

No probs, glad it works for you. :)
4tune

Postby thorrild » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 pm

Kyle:

Just did some testing here as well. Another iMac, same configuration, plays the tutorials. Why, even my iPhone plays them!

Turns out it was a Safari plugin called ClickToFlash (makes Flash animations optional), which I used when I was on a slower connection than I am now. I had turned it off,but not actually *uninstallled* it. Now the plugin is in the Trash and I'm in heaven, watching tutorials...

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to NOTION