Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Folders' custom content overwritten going 3.1.255

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Folders' custom content overwritten going 3.1.255

Postby fabiolcati » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:09 am

Hi all.

Just upgraded to 3.1.255.

Since I've done it in hurry, I need to rebuild my custom templates. My fault. :(

Do I need to download fixed proxies again too?

Or are these already patched inside? (I guess answer is "no", since a sustained two measures tied clarinet note now goes into a loop restart...)

Never thought getting older meant making this sort of disasters in software installation... :D
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Re: Folders' custom content overwritten going 3.1.255

Postby Raymond Robijns » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:24 am

fabiolcati wrote:.......Never thought getting older meant making this sort of disasters in software installation... :D

You're just starting, wait until you reach my age. Disaster after disaster... be warned!!!! and enjoy it..[haha]

Raymond
PC Intel I7-Quad core, 12 Gb RAM, Windows 7-Pro X64, lots of HD's intern and extern, SONAR 8.5, NOTION 3, Altiverb, Overture, GPO libr., Garritan Authorized Steinway, PianoTeq 3.5 and soon EWQL SO.
Raymond Robijns

Postby ashkantbt » Fri May 14, 2010 3:37 pm

hi
do u know how can I sustain a wood wind note as much az I want without playback problem. that's my big broblem with notion 3 help plz.
ashkantbt

Postby Admin » Fri May 14, 2010 3:58 pm

ashkantbt wrote:hi
do u know how can I sustain a wood wind note as much az I want without playback problem. that's my big broblem with notion 3 help plz.

We've designed the samples to playback as a real player would play them back. Given a duration that is longer than the player's breath with hold the player will just take a breath and "re-trigger" the note. This is the best option as a work around in N3.

Hope this helps!
Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby labou » Mon May 17, 2010 10:01 pm

While you mentionned looping issue, is there instruments files update to download separately in the update or all is inlcuded in the updater(I doubt since it will make it really large)? If yes where do you download them from?

Thanks.
labou

Postby fabiolcati » Tue May 18, 2010 3:03 am

labou wrote:Is there instruments files update to download separately (...)? If yes where do you download them from?

Hi labou.
The fixed proxies lies here:

http://notionmusic.com/support/notion3_%20...%20wnload.php

They never specified whose sounds were updated. Lubo once said "Dowload the ones that gives you troubles and don't worry about the rest".
The full thread is at

http://forum.notionmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=686&start=0

For the records, proxies (the sounds, not the rules driving their playback behaviour) does not rely in program folder ("package" on a Mac), so a newer build doesn't overwrite them.
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Return to NOTION