Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Couple of quick questions

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Couple of quick questions

Postby Bird Tune » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi

I just purchased the N3 Expansion complete sound set and they are working fine. They really go a long way toward rounding out N3 nicely!

My first question is when will the Classical guitar be ready? Sooner, later? Or just in the works? Also, I was wondering if there are any plans to sell or make available any more drum patterns? I am/was was a string player and writing a part for a drum kit has never come naturally to me, so these things in less formal settings (combo) save me a lot of time. I like to use them to get the nuts and bolts of a song down, then alter them as needed for the given song. I'm looking for a few country patterns and a bit more choice with some of the "world" patterns. Also, is there anyway to import non-midi drum patterns into N3 from other places? I have some midi stuff I use with Finale, but really prefer working with N3 as I feel like I get a much better sound.

thanks,

Bird Tune
Bird Tune

Re: Couple of quick questions

Postby Bird Tune » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:05 pm

Is there a given time when someone from Notion answers questions here? While not expecting something righ away, it seems the response is very, very slow. Or, is this for Notion owners?
Bird Tune

Postby posssu » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:11 pm

This is probably mostly for Notion users, but the Notion-folk is quite often seen here. However, if you won't get an answer here, it most often means no one knows and the admins that do know probably haven't had time to answer. So fastest way is still to write them directly to the support address in things that have something to do with future products.
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby Bird Tune » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:33 pm

One should never ask a question like I did unless they know the answer. As a long time user, I have many times offered a lot of postive support for thier product, even when others were not so kind. Even in this newer forum when someone ripped them for the way the Expansion Sounds were handled I came to thier defense.. However, one would assume someone would at least check things out for TOS problems and, if need be re-direct questions if they are asked in the wrong place. But the second "however" is this. This forum has the "Notion" name on it and when a question such as mine goes unanswered it comes back on Notion. I love Notion, I use it every day I can, I want more of it (which is the heart of my questions) and am willing to pay money for more. It is not good to let such a post sit. It sends the wrong message to the consumer
Bird Tune

Postby Novatlan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:29 am

Well, I think that this more or less one of these "corporate secrets" things.
If they tell you and then are not able to make the date, you could sue them. People actually do. Just think of the cat in the microwave oven (the lade did not now that it was forbidden to put her cat into it!!!!). She sued the company and won.
That's why companies are incredibly hesitant to give out any details of future products.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby Bird Tune » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:14 am

They could say that I would be perfectly happy, as they have said such things before and I have waited. It is not what the answer may be, just the lack of any response that is disconcerting.
Bird Tune

Postby KylePoehling » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:57 pm

Hey Bird Tune!

Bird Tune wrote:Hi

I just purchased the N3 Expansion complete sound set and they are working fine. They really go a long way toward rounding out N3 nicely!

My first question is when will the Classical guitar be ready? Sooner, later? Or just in the works?

It's definitely happening...and so far it sounds awesome! I can't give you a date, but I can say that it's been "in the works" for a while now and your patience will be well rewarded. :D

Bird Tune wrote: Also, I was wondering if there are any plans to sell or make available any more drum patterns? I am/was was a string player and writing a part for a drum kit has never come naturally to me, so these things in less formal settings (combo) save me a lot of time. I like to use them to get the nuts and bolts of a song down, then alter them as needed for the given song. I'm looking for a few country patterns and a bit more choice with some of the "world" patterns. Also, is there anyway to import non-midi drum patterns into N3 from other places? I have some midi stuff I use with Finale, but really prefer working with N3 as I feel like I get a much better sound.

thanks,

Bird Tune

Glad you like the drum pattens! I wrote them and wish I had more time to crank some more out...I may be able to start a thread where I post new patterns. So more country and "world" patterns eh? I'll try and put those at the top of the list...keep your eye out here at the forum and I'll create a thread with some new drum patterns.

What file types are you specifically looking to import? You can import audio files to N3 and if you've got a reliable tempo it matches up REALLY well.

Hope this helps!
Kyle
Kyle Poehling
Marketing/Communications Manager-Notion Music
http://www.hotpoliticsband.com
http://www.modernrobot.net
KylePoehling

Postby Admin » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:04 pm

Here are a few country shuffle beats...is this the type of stuff you're looking for?
Attachments
Country Shuffle 2.notion
(31.65 KiB) Downloaded 503 times
Country Shuffle1.notion
(34.16 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bird Tune » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Kyle, you are a real gem, buddy. This is the kind of stuff I am lookng for. I realize N3 is really great for larger works (of which I work on constantly) it is also great for smaller less "classical" ensembles and some of the newer N3 expansion sounds make it even more so. While this not be Notion's main area, do keep it in mind. Thanks for these two examples and I look forward very much to what Notion will come up with in the future, espeically the classical guitar!

Bird Tune
Bird Tune

Return to NOTION