Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Question about N2 sounds and using them

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Question about N2 sounds and using them

Postby RedEd6000 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:11 pm

Well for a long time, I have had most of thoes N2 sounds just being piano midi sounds, I had wondered this before the update, but now I see the new update has given alot of these instruments to the N3 selection, the question I have is Why do the new instruments show up in gray text and have no sound? Is it like that for everyone right now? do I have to reinstall the second disk? and if there is a way to fix it how do I? I see many promising instrument selections in there and am very egar to use them.

Thank you
The Ed Is The Best
RedEd6000

Re: Question about N2 sounds and using them

Postby Mister HU » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:09 pm

Which new instruments are you referring to? Do you mean the new Notion 3 expansion sounds? If so, what does that have to do with the old Notion 2 sounds? Can you give a specific example of what is greyed out, and whether it's in the Notion 2 list or the Notion 3 list?

They might just be expansion sounds that you have not paid for.
Mister HU

Postby RedEd6000 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Well its on the Notion 2 sounds, aswell as the Notion 3 sounds, everything under "sound effects" and alot of things under "percussion" aswell as a "soprano saxaphone" and some other things such as thoes
The Ed Is The Best
RedEd6000

Postby Mister HU » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:36 pm

Those greyed out instruments are for expansion kits, that you can pay extra for, if you want them. See Notion's announcement about the new Notion 3 expansion kits that are available. I just purchased the whole lot, although I'm still having trouble installing them! No doubt, it will be resolved next week, when the tech guys see my emails.
Mister HU

Return to NOTION