Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

How to enter CmM7 with Chord-type tool?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

How to enter CmM7 with Chord-type tool?

Postby posssu » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Does anyone know what to type into the type-chord tool to enter CmMaj7? Everything I try just produce Cm...
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Re: How to enter CmM7 with Chord-type tool?

Postby Unfinished » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:12 pm

C minor major 7?
Unfinished

Postby posssu » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:05 pm

A normal C minor chord with major 7th interval. The "James Bond" chord.
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby ulrik » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:05 pm

posssu wrote:Does anyone know what to type into the type-chord tool to enter CmMaj7? Everything I try just produce Cm...

You're right, it's impossible to do, I have tried all possible combinations with no success, this must be a bug I guess?
I will report it as a bug now.
ulrik

Postby astinov » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Did you guys try the min/maj7 chord flavor in the palette?

It's right under the Cm7

Does that not work?

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby posssu » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:17 pm

astinov wrote:Did you guys try the min/maj7 chord flavor in the palette?

It's right under the Cm7

Does that not work?

Lubo Astinov

Yes, that works, but I can't reproduce it with the "type-chord" tool. Also, if I enter it using this symbol and then double click and hit enter to accept, it becomes a normal Cm. As if Notion didn't recognize this chord in the type-in tool.
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby ulrik » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 pm

It's right under the Cm7

Does that not work?

Lubo Astinov

If using the palette it works, it writes Cm/M7 if the style is "Minimal" and Cm/maj7 if style is "Default" but it is not possible to write it in with the "Chord tool" even if I write exactly what the "minimal" or "default" style writes...

I am used to write Cmmaj7 or Cm maj7 without the slash, is the slash common? I have never seen that kind of chord writing before, usually the slash is used to mark that there is another bass note to chord than the ground tone.

About the "Styles", if I change the style to default it always jumps back to "Minimal", is it a way to make it stay at "Default"?
ulrik

Postby ulrik » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Ha, possu you're faster than me in answering :D
ulrik

Postby posssu » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:30 pm

ulrik wrote:

It's right under the Cm7

Does that not work?

Lubo Astinov

If using the palette it works, it writes Cm/M7 if the style is "Minimal" and Cm/maj7 if style is "Default" but it is not possible to write it in with the "Chord tool" even if I write exactly what the "minimal" or "default" style writes...

I am used to write Cmmaj7 or Cm maj7 without the slash, is the slash common? I have never seen that kind of chord writing before, usually the slash is used to mark that there is another bass note to chord than the ground tone.

About the "Styles", if I change the style to default it always jumps back to "Minimal", is it a way to make it stay at "Default"?

I agree about the slash, I've never seen it before either... I usually notate Cmmaj7.

Yea, I'm fast! :)
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby LanceJ » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:51 pm

This topic caught my son's and my eye. The slash chord within the pallete to does not seem to be standard. We would also agree with a previous post that the slash chord would indicate a different bass note. We typically see C-M7 or C- with the triangle 7.

edit: added triangle 7

Regards,
Lance
LanceJ

Return to NOTION