Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Noteheads in PDF files

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Noteheads in PDF files

Postby Tatsu Nagao » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:46 am

Hi,
I printed out a PDF file from Notion3, but the noteheads in it are unbeautiful, or skewed.
The file is http://www.box.net/shared/kfexucptdg. I'm using Bullzip PDF printer, color, 600dpi.

Does anybody know the work-around?
Tatsu Nagao

Re: Noteheads in PDF files

Postby posssu » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:06 am

Hi!

Greetings, fellow Overture user! :)

I checked out the PDF and can't see what you see. Here's a screen capture of the PDF you sent: does it look the same as on your computer? If yes, can you explain a bit more in detail what you see wrong in it?

If not, then it's probably some local problem on your computer... are you on mac or windows? If on windows, then maybe it's a problem of your PDF-creator? I could see your PDF, but if it shows differently on your computer, then it's maybe something in how your PDF creator links the font? Hmm... I don't know. But try some other creator, I remember using this one when I was on Window: http://www.pdf995.com/

May I also ask how you created such a big text in Notion ("vivace...")? I haven't found a way to change the font size.
Attachments
Lego_001.pdf (sivu 1 _ 2).jpg
Lego_001.pdf (sivu 1 _ 2).jpg (36.07 KiB) Viewed 9695 times
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby Tatsu Nagao » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:33 am

Hi posssu,

Thank you very much.
Noteheads in the picture you attached are beautiful, so, as you wrote, this problem may be local. I will try other PDF printers. I'm using Windows Vista x64.

posssu wrote:May I also ask how you created such a big text in Notion ("vivace...")? I haven't found a way to change the font size.

I just entered a metronome (shift+_), and double-clicked it, and added "vivace...."in the box. Nothing special. But, I also can't change the font size.
Tatsu Nagao

Postby posssu » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:18 am

Ah, I see! Thanks! Let me know if you find a solution.
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby Unfinished » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:35 am

Does Notion treat the right hand and left hand on the piano separately in terms of dynamics? It seems a little odd to me having two mp markings.
Unfinished

Return to NOTION