Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Progression is still standing more than one year

A Forum to Discuss PROGRESSION

Progression is still standing more than one year

Postby jazzalien » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:23 pm

I realy like this guitar app. But what is the future of Progression? Last Update 1.1 is from February 28, 2008. There is a new Forum, but no information about next steps in development, new features...
jazzalien

Re: Progression is still standing more than one year

Postby KylePoehling » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:48 am

Thanks & Glad you enjoy the program!!

There definitely will be an update after NOTION3 drops....which will be soon.

Look for some of the new features from NOTION3 to carry over to PROGRESSION :D
Kyle Poehling
Marketing/Communications Manager-Notion Music
http://www.hotpoliticsband.com
http://www.modernrobot.net
KylePoehling

Re: Progression is still standing more than one ye

Postby jazzalien » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:09 pm

Hello Kyle,

Nice to hear, that a Progression-Update is coming...

I am a guitarist and leader of a big private music school with focus on guitar teaching. Many times my job is to transcribe music for my students (single guitar parts or complete band arrangements with vocals) and print out the scores for each instrument or voice.

My first computer was the good old Atari with Cubase Score in the year of 1990. In the past I was trying many Audio-/Midi-/Score-/Guitar-Apps (the Demos of Finale, Sibelius, Encore, Overture, Logic, Guitar Pro) to find the right one for me. Today I am working on a Mac with Cubase (from the beginning), Progression and Transcribe. Sometime I am using TuxGuitar and Finale NotePad...

Progression has absolutely the best sounding conversion of guitar playing like Bends, Vibrato, Palm mute... from TAB to AUDIO. So I hope for implementation of new features or fixing some bugs. I am definitely NOT an "Update-Junkie", but there are some big reasons to know, what's going on with Progression:

1. I am spending very much time in creating Progression-Files. I want to be sure, that I can use and edit my files 5 or 10 years later.

2. Something is "under construction" in Progression (e. g. Audio-Export, Midi-Import/Export, numerally editing of Velocity is not possible, Velocity Overdub only).

3. Progression is an Island. There is no connection to or sync with other apps (over ReWire or MTC). Progression in sync Cubase - this would be great!

Best regards from Germany
jazzalien

Postby KylePoehling » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:04 am

jazzalien wrote:Hello Kyle,

Nice to hear, that a Progression-Update is coming...

I am a guitarist and leader of a big private music school with focus on guitar teaching. Many times my job is to transcribe music for my students (single guitar parts or complete band arrangements with vocals) and print out the scores for each instrument or voice.

My first computer was the good old Atari with Cubase Score in the year of 1990. In the past I was trying many Audio-/Midi-/Score-/Guitar-Apps (the Demos of Finale, Sibelius, Encore, Overture, Logic, Guitar Pro) to find the right one for me. Today I am working on a Mac with Cubase (from the beginning), Progression and Transcribe. Sometime I am using TuxGuitar and Finale NotePad...

Progression has absolutely the best sounding conversion of guitar playing like Bends, Vibrato, Palm mute... from TAB to AUDIO. So I hope for implementation of new features or fixing some bugs. I am definitely NOT an "Update-Junkie", but there are some big reasons to know, what's going on with Progression:

1. I am spending very much time in creating Progression-Files. I want to be sure, that I can use and edit my files 5 or 10 years later.

2. Something is "under construction" in Progression (e. g. Audio-Export, Midi-Import/Export, numerally editing of Velocity is not possible, Velocity Overdub only).

3. Progression is an Island. There is no connection to or sync with other apps (over ReWire or MTC). Progression in sync Cubase - this would be great!

Best regards from Germany

Take a look at the blogs (http://blogs.notionmusic.com) and you may get an answer to some of your questions with NOTION3. We WILL be doing an upgrade path to NOTION3 from PROGRESSION that will be worth your while :D
Kyle Poehling
Marketing/Communications Manager-Notion Music
http://www.hotpoliticsband.com
http://www.modernrobot.net
KylePoehling

Postby jazzalien » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:04 pm

KylePoehling wrote:Thanks & Glad you enjoy the program!!

There definitely will be an update after NOTION3 drops....which will be soon.

Look for some of the new features from NOTION3 to carry over to PROGRESSION :D

After 7 months I ask again. What is the future of Progression? Is there an update or a new version (P2) in the pipeline?

Best regards
jazzalien

Postby jazzalien » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:24 am

Is there anybody out there?
jazzalien

Postby 4tune » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:26 pm

jazzalien wrote:Is there anybody out there?

It might be worth PM`ing Lubo, to direct him here or get a direct response. He has been responsive to PM`s when I needed to contact him before.

You can do it through his profile here if you wish:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=65
4tune

Postby SteveCat » Thu May 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Kyle...............this is certainly ironic.......I got a notion email and just out of curiosity I log in and find you are still there. ...............AND.............still talking about an upgrade around the corner. This is a discussion you and I have already had...........but it was November of 2008.

If I missed one sorry in advance

If I didn't, how do you feel about that?

What a crappy product and what crappy support. I gave up on it quite awhile ago, any chance on getting my money back?
SteveCat

Postby Admin » Fri May 14, 2010 11:13 am

SteveCat wrote:Kyle...............this is certainly ironic.......I got a notion email and just out of curiosity I log in and find you are still there. ...............AND.............still talking about an upgrade around the corner. This is a discussion you and I have already had...........but it was November of 2008.

If I missed one sorry in advance

If I didn't, how do you feel about that?

What a crappy product and what crappy support. I gave up on it quite awhile ago, any chance on getting my money back?

Wow :shock: Yes I am still here....I've just recently stepped back into the Marketing/Communications dept. at NOTION and am acting as web developer/MARCOM Manager.

The newsletter was talking about the NOTION3 update. I certainly wouldn't say that Progression is a "crappy" product....could we have been more diligent with updates? Yes, but with our focus on making N3 the best it can be we've made Progression more of an entry level product focused on songwriting and not advanced charting. For that you'll want to upgrade to N3.....which gives you the functionality necessary to write more complex charts.

How do I feel about that? Well I certainly don't like that we haven't been able to update Progression more than we have, but considering the upgrade path we offer from Progression to NOTION3 is only $99 I wouldn't get upset.

Lastly...I will stand by our customer support. We go above and beyond most any other software company I can think of to resolve our customers issues and most of the time we are able to solve the problem.

Sorry you've had a bad experience...I'm happy to do anything I can to help. Feel free to email me with specific concerns.

-Kyle Poehling
kyle@notionmusic.com
Admin
Site Admin

Postby stickwolf » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:08 pm

I'm concerned about this. I wanted to consider suggesting Progression to my guitar students who are not prepared to pay full price for Notion. Instead I'm recommending Guitar Pro, because I don't want to recommend an outdated product that may or may not get updated...
stickwolf

Next

Return to PROGRESSION