Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Hey how do I make my song into an MP3 format?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Hey how do I make my song into an MP3 format?

Postby RedEd6000 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:52 pm

I have tryed to make my notion music songs into a mp3 file so I could upload it to the website here, but I can't figure out how to get the music exported into mp3, I have made it into a midi file, but it all comes out in piano, so I have only been successful making my music into WAV format, I am more leaning towards getting it to a mp3 so I could share my music with the people here, does anyone know how to do this?
The Ed Is The Best
RedEd6000

Re: Hey how do I make my song into an MP3 format?

Postby fabiolcati » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Hi RedEd6000

I usually convert audio via iTunes, setting the format before importingthe file.

This if you are a complicated person with a Mac.

Otherwise...?
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby RedEd6000 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:54 pm

No I don't have a mac, I am now curious, could you possibly guide me through how you convert using itunes, I do have itunes, I use it all the time, but I don't know how to change a format that way, I would be very thankful were you to explain how I would do this

-wait can you even do that if you dont have a mac?
The Ed Is The Best
RedEd6000

Postby fabiolcati » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:28 pm

Don't try this at home. :D

Consider that menu names and labels can be slitghly different on Win.

So, here we are.

1. Start *iTunes*

2. Go to *Preferences*; in *General* panel there's a choice button for the app to behave when you insert a CD. Beside it there is another button named *Import Settings*.

3. Click it and set *Import using* to *MP3 Encoder* and *Setting* to a quality ratio according to your needs.

4.Add your WAV audio file to the iTunes library as you do with a standard cd track and select it.

5. Go to *Advanced* and choose *Create MP3 version*.

6. Your library will show you two files: a WAV one and an MP3 one.

Can't wait to listen to your music done with N3. Mine is too long to come :(

Hope it helps. And it works.

Happy new year.
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby above90decibels » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:11 am

There are many free conversion programs you can download online as well. Just Google "wave to mp3 conversion" and find a program that suits you. I actually just use my DAW to convert. Good Luck!
above90decibels

Postby RedEd6000 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Thank you very much, the itunes conversion worked, I have even put the song on my ipod. I will try to figure out how to upload it for you all to hear, in the notion neighborhood, my name is found "Edward Yanes" if any of you ever care to cheak out my song, I am new to some of this stuff, and suggestions or complements and critisizms about my song are welcome an appriciated, I hope to become a greater composer with N3
The Ed Is The Best
RedEd6000

Postby superat » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Another option I use, hate Itunes for an off-forum reason, download audacity (open source), and install the LAME plugin which converts Wav files to MP3. Audicity is one of those so useful programs wait until to see what else it does, endless useful and of course free......................
superat

Postby Novatlan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:14 am

I usually export from Notion or Sieblius into .aiff, load the whole thing into Logic Pro, master it a bit and then export as mp3.
Right at the moment, this is broken in the 64 bit version (will be fixed), bit starting Logic in 32 bit mode does the trick.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Return to NOTION