Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Composing Communities

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Composing Communities

Postby saintdufus » Wed May 28, 2014 4:38 am

Does anyone here participate in any other composing communities, besides this one?

By "composing communities," I mean either communities of composers (and aspiring composers), or communities of people interested in composing. Anyone from fans to students to pros.

Can anyone recommend any good online forums or communities where composers and composing fans congregate and discuss our beautiful art?

Much obliged!
saintdufus

Re: Composing Communities

Postby Migot » Wed May 28, 2014 9:15 am

Johnny,

Thanks for those link.

I'm a kind of «purist» I use software for their intrinsic function.
I'm working exclusively with VSL SE + MIRx and Hauptwerk (organ) for that reason.

The beauty with Notion is that you «really» can write, yes, just write music in the traditional way and in conjunction with VSL «it works» you get what you are suppose to get ! ...and this, without any tweaking process.

I'm anxious about how people are using the word «composer» today.
...the access to sound library and soft is so easy...

My deep feeling is that Composer is a human being who try to bring true a medium what could not be possible to explain with words.

Faithfully guided by the «Logos» what is existing before language !

I want to finish and tell you that is really nice to have you on this forum.

Sincerely

Alain
Composer born in 1957
Alain LeBlond
Composer born in 1957

Notion 4,
VSL SE 1,2,Plus, MIRx
DP8, Finale 2012
OS X 10.9.3, Mavericks
Migot

Postby SouLcRusaDer_kA » Wed May 28, 2014 9:41 pm

I used to surf on northsounds, as Johnny posted
aslo talkclassical, gearslutz
SouLcRusaDer_kA

Postby saintdufus » Fri May 30, 2014 3:13 am

saintdufus

Postby saintdufus » Fri May 30, 2014 3:21 am

Migot wrote:Johnny,

Thanks for those link.

I'm a kind of «purist» I use software for their intrinsic function.
I'm working exclusively with VSL SE + MIRx and Hauptwerk (organ) for that reason.

The beauty with Notion is that you «really» can write, yes, just write music in the traditional way and in conjunction with VSL «it works» you get what you are suppose to get ! ...and this, without any tweaking process.

I'm anxious about how people are using the word «composer» today.
...the access to sound library and soft is so easy...

My deep feeling is that Composer is a human being who try to bring true a medium what could not be possible to explain with words.

Faithfully guided by the «Logos» what is existing before language !

I want to finish and tell you that is really nice to have you on this forum.

Sincerely

Alain
Composer born in 1957

Hi Alain, thanks for your post.

I agree the word "composer" is used for many things. To me, a composer (in the simplest sense) is someone who writes music for multiple instruments.

In a stricter sense, a composer is someone who composes for an entire orchestra. That is my favorite sense of the word, and the one I aspire to.

There's something wonderful about being able to combine 30 different instruments together in a brilliant, powerful way. No other kind of music-making that I know of can compare with orchestral composing; to me it is the highest musical art form, a noble and beautiful art, and one I feel privileged to be a part of.

I also like other composers. I like people who share my love for this art form, and I want to make more friends in the composing community. These online forums are great for that.

Best wishes to you in your musical journey, Alain. :)
saintdufus

Postby saintdufus » Fri May 30, 2014 3:58 am

SouLcRusaDer_kA wrote:I used to surf on northsounds, as Johnny posted
aslo talkclassical, gearslutz

Thanks.
saintdufus

Return to NOTION