Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

multi-measure rest ......

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

multi-measure rest ......

Postby robe1972 » Sat May 24, 2014 8:37 am

Hello .... does anyone know tell me how to insert the number of the total bar rest in one bar? I tried to follow the manual, but I can't ..!!
Like this example.....
Thank'you very much!!!!
Attachments
Schermata Notion.png
Schermata Notion.png (749.87 KiB) Viewed 15258 times
Schermata Notion.png
Schermata Notion.png (749.87 KiB) Viewed 15262 times
robe1972

Re: multi-measure rest ......

Postby Johnny » Sat May 24, 2014 2:44 pm

robe1972,
See the Notion 4 User Guide page 3-11 for a printed description on how to insert and view "Multi-Measure Rests".
Remember you will only see "Multi-Measure Rests" if you click on "Score" drop down menu and select "Part Options" then select the "More tab" and drop down the "Multi-measure" list to make a selection as described on page 3-11 of the user guide. If the number of measures is not shown in the list type in the number you need. Remember, you will only see Multi-Measure Rests while viewing Dynamic Parts or in printouts.

The file attached is a simple Notion 4 document that illustrates the view of Multi-measure rests. Remember to change the view by clicking "Score>>Dynamic Parts... >" then select the Piano staff or the Ac.Guitar staff in the example file. You can then see the Multi-measure Rests. Hope this will be helpful.

,Johnny

back to it; :arrow:
Attachments
Using Multi-Measure Rests.notion
example of using Multi-measure rests
(65.69 KiB) Downloaded 613 times
Johnny

Postby robe1972 » Sun May 25, 2014 5:57 am

Hello and thank you for your reply.
I tried to follow your instructions step by step.
I went into the Dynamic part..(trombone), I selected the Score menu ....Part option ... ...Multi-measure rest. I selected the number of measure that I served, I pressed OK, but nothing has changed.
The image I posted is the same, before and after this procedure and I can't understand why!
A question about whether I like in my case measures 10 at the beginning and 17 measures in the middle of the score, that number should I put in the multi-measure rest? I tried to put the total, I tried to select the first 10 bars and put in multi-measure rest the number 10 .... but nothing changes ...!! If it is possible I can send you my part so you can verify for yourself!!! If you want to give me your email, I send you the file and try.. and you know me say what I'm wrong ...! It is so frustrating ....!!!
Sorry for my english...:)
Thank'you very much for your help!!
Attachments
Schermata Notion 1.png
Schermata Notion 1.png (358.46 KiB) Viewed 15203 times
robe1972

Postby Johnny » Sun May 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Hello robe1972,

I should have also mentioned that "Pages Across or Pages Down" must be selected on the "View" drop down menu.

The "Continuous" view will not display Multi-measure Rests.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

,Johnny

P.s. Did you try the Notion file I uploaded earlier in this post? Were you able to view the multi-measure rests?
Remember, you will only see Multi-measure rests when viewing a "single instrument staff" not the full score.

:arrow:
Johnny

Postby robe1972 » Sun May 25, 2014 4:47 pm

Thank'you for reply.
Here is an example...i select Page down, Dynamic part Trombone, Part option..multi-measure rest..but dont' change.
Probably that i make an error...!!!
The Notion's file.
Attachments
toccata.notion
(195.07 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
robe1972

Postby Johnny » Sun May 25, 2014 6:11 pm

robe1972,
there must be more than (1) one instrument in the score in order to use the Multi-measure feature of Notion.

The attached Notion 4 file has a piano part added to it.

Also I changed the menu --- Score->Part Options... -> More(tab) - Multi-measure rests (list) so that 4 measures is selected.

Does this work for you now?

,Johnny
Attachments
re-toccata.notion
toccata with piano part added
(383.07 KiB) Downloaded 477 times
Johnny

Postby robe1972 » Sun May 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Ok I solved the problem. Practically only works if i write more than one instrument.
If I have to write one part, such as trombone, multi-measure rest does not work ... it's probably a bug.
I have a question!
Why choose numbers in function multi- measure rest?
In the file that I posted, there is a bar (131) alone in one system....why?
Thanks a lot for your precious help..!!!!
Attachments
minuetto.notion
(153.59 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
robe1972

Postby Johnny » Sun May 25, 2014 8:47 pm

robe1972 wrote:Why choose numbers in function multi- measure rest?
In the file that I posted, there is a bar (131) alone in one system....why?

That's a good question.

I believe it should be an on/off function. The number changes nothing that I can detect.
It is either "none" or (on = any number you input).
A quirk that's not fixed, repaired or changed as of Notion 4.

There is also a MM-rest feature for the "Full Score Options..." dialog box; however, to get that to work all except (1) one staff must be hidden by clicking the "eye" (make visual/hide) button in the Score Setup window.
Then you can use the Full Score Options... "MM-rest feature to view a single staff with MM-rests even with the Menu "Score -> Dynamic Parts -> Full Score " selected.
Not sure why these options are included. I don't find a good use for them at this point in time.

,Johnny

Johnny

Postby robe1972 » Mon May 26, 2014 4:13 am

Thank you so much for your help.
One last question ... promise!!!
Why in this file the pause are red and most importantly, can I move them to the centre of the bar or must remain on the left?
There is a function to nudge the notes horizontally in a single bar?
Thank you so much from Italy....;)
Attachments
Notre Dame.notion
(88.05 KiB) Downloaded 483 times
robe1972

Postby Johnny » Mon May 26, 2014 12:02 pm

robe1972 wrote:Why in this file the pause are red and most importantly, can I move them to the centre of the bar or must remain on the left?

Your Notion file "Notre Dame" has a "Time Signature" of 3\4 however; the rest value you are using is 4\4.
Use (z)key to get a rest that fits all "Full Measure" time signatures (values 12\8, 6\8, 5\8 etc..).
(From Notion 4 User Guide 8.4)
( TIP: To access a bar rest to place in a measure that is not in common time, press the Z key.

Also! A "note or rest etc." which is the color "Red" is a visual clue that the measure has too many notes\rest etc. and is overfilled. To fix it! _take out some note\rests etc.

If notes\rest etc. are out of "Alignment" _"off center!"_ this is also given to you as a visual clue telling you to add more note\rest values to fill the measure space. When you have the correct amount of notes\rest etc.. then the alignment will look correct and better balanced visually.

,Johnny

Johnny

Next

Return to NOTION