Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Sound Problems

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Sound Problems

Postby blueinkpens » Thu May 15, 2014 1:52 pm

I just bought and installed Notion. Whenever I open up an instrument, it says the sounds are not available. It says this for every single instrument. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Notion but it has not helped. What should I do to make the sounds available?
blueinkpens

Re: Sound Problems

Postby SingthePsalms » Fri May 16, 2014 11:35 pm

I had the same problem. If you are on a Macintosh see if the following works for you:

1) Go to your main Library folder. Not the one in your System folder. Follow: Library>Application Support>Notion Music>Notion 4>Sounds

2) Is the Sounds folder locked? (Indicated by a red circle with a minus sign) If so, select or highlight the Sounds folder and type "Command-I" (Or select "Get Info" in the File menu)

3) Look for the padlock on the bottom right of the Sounds Info window that opens. If it is locked, click it.

4) Type in your password in the window that opens up.

5) At the bottom of the Sounds Info window under Sharing and Permissions change the Privilege setting for everyone to "Read & Write." The folder should now be unlocked (no more red lock symbol).

6) Now go back to Notion and choose "Preferences..." from the File menu.

7) Select the "Audio" button at the top of window.

8) Select the "Choose" button under Samples Folder.

9) Highlight the "Bundled" folder in the window that opens and click "Select" at bottom of window.

10) Open up one of your Notion files or open one of the Demo Files found under the the Help menu in Notion and see if you now have your sounds playing.

Hopefully this works for you!
SingthePsalms

Postby kubek » Sat May 17, 2014 10:22 am

I have the same problem.
Sounds I installed it 2x. And nothing.
kubek

Postby Surfwhammy » Sat May 17, 2014 12:21 pm

blueinkpens wrote:I just bought and installed Notion. Whenever I open up an instrument, it says the sounds are not available. It says this for every single instrument. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Notion but it has not helped. What should I do to make the sounds available?

There is a separate installer for the sounds, so if you downloaded NOTION 4, you will need to download the NOTION 4 sounds and install them. If you purchased the physical box and DVDs, then there will be a separate DVD with sounds . . .

There is detailed information on downloading the sounds in this Notion Music FORUM topic:

[NOTE: The topic name does not sound very encouraging, but the information you need is in the replies for this topic. I tried it a few days ago and did not have a problem, although I stopped the download after a while, since I already have the sounds and the standard set of sounds that come with NOTION 4 is approximately 6.5GB. There are instructions on two ways to download the sounds, one that downloads all the sounds at one time and another way that downloads sets of sounds and probably is better if your local Internet Service Provider (ISP) is throttling or metering downloads, which some of them do. If the first 100MB downloads very rapidly but then the download speed slows to a crawl, your local or regional ISP is the culprit . . . ]

Bundled sounds download crash??? (Notion Music FORUM)

Lots of FUN! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Return to NOTION