Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Do not see AmpliTube X-Gear - White Noise

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Do not see AmpliTube X-Gear - White Noise

Postby ryanlucas » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:00 am

Initially, I installed the demo. Then, after purchasing the software, I entered the Notion license key. At the end of the registration, I saw a grey window saying something like "...write failed." Anyways, I activated the CSR Hall Reverb. However, I do not see AmpliTube X-Gear - even after selecting the Rock Band template per the Quick Reference Guide instructions. Since I'm still getting the white noise interruptions, I am wondering if I should just re-install the software from scratch. BTW, when I go from from the Help menu button to Software Activation, a popup window says "This software is activated."
Last edited by ryanlucas on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ryanlucas

Re: Do not see AmpliTube X-Gear - White Noise

Postby ryanlucas » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:33 am

Update: I used the first DVD to try and install any missing files. I no longer have the white noise interruption, but I still have not been able to find AmpliTube X-Gear. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions? I guess I'll try the second DVD too.
Last edited by ryanlucas on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ryanlucas

Postby ryanlucas » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:07 am

OK, I explored the second DVD and found the installer for AmpliTube X-Gear. Everything seems fine now. I hope this post is helpful to someone else in the future.
ryanlucas

Postby Mister HU » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Yes, these plug-ins can be a bit finicky. I had trouble registering mine when I confused the activation code 1's and 0's (ones and zeroes) with I's and O's (eye's and oh's). And then when I had to erase my hard drive due to Mac problems, the registration was lost.

If other people have problems, it's worth keeping in mind that you can contact (via email only) 1K's tech support, and due to ambiguous printed materials, I usually can't even tell if that's One-K or Eye-K!
Mister HU

Return to NOTION