Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Tuplets

Tuplets

Postby chrishuning » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Hello -

I'm quite new to Notion for iPad (have been using Sibelius and Musescore for years), and completely new to this forum.

I am having problems with tuplets; I am doing a piano part that has two voices on the treble stave - the top voice has triplet quavers, while the second voice has matching triplets, but with a crotchet/quaver rhythm. If I tap the tuplet thing on the note input tab, and then put in crotchet followed by quaver, it seems to throw everything out of sync. I'm sure there's something obvious I'm missing or not doing, but if someone could point me towards it, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks

Chris
chrishuning

Re: Tuplets

Postby Wawoodman » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Chris,
I was able to enter both the eighth/quarter and quarter/eighth triplet, with eighth/eighth/eighth in the other layer. The only issue I see is that with an eighth/quarter, the bracket is shorter.

What, exactly, is the problem you are having? Please give us the best description you can, along with a detailed description of how you are entering notes.

Wawoodman

Return to Notion for iPad