Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Entering triplets

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Entering triplets

Postby jpettit » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi I looked for the answer in the forum and in the manual but still not getting it.

The manual says you can enter triplets in 4 different ways.

♦♦ Option 1: By keyboard shortcut (as you enter notes).
♦♦ Option 2: By Entry Palette (after you enter notes).
♦♦ Option 3: By context menu (after you enter notes).
♦♦ Option 4: Customize your own tuplet.

Only Option 1 works for me.
I cant seem to get three adjacent notes of the same timing (highlighted) to become a triplet using option 2 3 or 4.

Is this broke or am I doing something wrong?
I am on the latest release of Notion 4
Thanks
Win 7 64 bit. Notation: Notion, Sibelius, DAWs: Studio One Pro, Sonar X3, Reaper 4.6
jpettit

Re: Entering triplets

Postby elerouxx » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:48 am

♦♦ Option 1: By keyboard shortcut (as you enter notes).
♦♦ Option 2: By Entry Palette (after you enter notes).
♦♦ Option 3: By context menu (after you enter notes).
♦♦ Option 4: Customize your own tuplet.

Maybe it's just the way you select (highlight) the notes. If you shift-click notes, the noteheads are highlighted in yellow. This DOESN'T work for converting the notes into a tuplet. You need to highlight the region of the staff the notes are in by clicking and dragging a selecting box around the notes you want to modify. Then hit ALT-3 for an automatic tuplet, or select the desired option in the palette or the context menu.

I guess that the reason of this is that Notion is not aware if the notes you select by the former method (shift-click) are adjacent or not. It needs a region of the STAFF highlighted.
elerouxx

Return to NOTION