Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

New pages in score can't be added: Help!

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

New pages in score can't be added: Help!

Postby bruceyams69 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:47 pm

Hello Notion community,
I am a new user to notion products. I must say that it is incredible software!
I am currently using notion 3 to compose for a quartet, and it seems that no new pages are added after the third :cry: . How can I add new pages to my score/ set the number measures, pages, etc. so that the program will keep adding pages as I keep composing?
I have glanced through the manual, and a quick answer to this adding pages problem would be extremely appreciated.
bruceyams69

Re: New pages in score can't be added: Help!

Postby fabiolcati » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:57 am

Hi.

You could simply insert bars and bars and bars and bars and... keep on composing.
Since there's no a specific *add page* (nor *add bars*) feature, N3 will show you the score as it is at moment you stop to watch to or by the time you want to print it out.

Hope it helps.
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby bruceyams69 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:37 am

Thank you so much! You are a life saver :D
To any one else having this problem: just select the "add barline" tool in the palette
and click inside an existing measure to create new measures.

hooray!
bruceyams69

Postby Mister HU » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Ummm, I'm having a related problem. I'm (finally) creating my first score in Notion 3, and it won't let me do anything beyond the first four bars. I try to use the add-barline tool, and it only lets me add one bar. I want to copy and past the first four bars of music (thus making it eight bars) and it won't let me do it! What's going on?

Now I'll dig through the manual...
Mister HU

Postby Mister HU » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Aha! The score defaulted to "Pages Down" rather than "Pages Across" so it wasn't showing the results of any of my clicking. Once I made it "Pages Across" I saw all the copying and pasting mess I had created.
Mister HU

Return to NOTION