Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

ReWire Issues with Logic Pro 9 and Notion Slave

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: ReWire Issues with Logic Pro 9 and Notion Slave

Postby astinov » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:11 pm

LOL Novatlan,

I can't exactly cross the street, I need to swim the ocean first, :))

More seriously, yes we are aware of some ReWire issues, we will be fixing those. I wish I am able to give you an ETA on that.But rest assured, if we know about it, it's not going to be forgotten.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby Novatlan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:28 am

Great to hear it is being fixed :) I am not in a hurry, right at the moment I compose with pen and paper because I have to anyways.

Really? I was under the impression that both Notion as well as Sibelius are situated in London^^
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby Szurcio1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:43 pm

Notion Music is based in North Carolina, USA - although they apparently have a local office in London as well.
Szurcio1

Postby 4tune » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:19 pm

Does anyone know, have these issues been addressed in the latest update? My demo ran out a while ago.

thanks
4tune

Postby 4tune » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Just got a re-demo of build .250

Seems that these issues have been addressed and renoise and notion rewire more or less nicely together now.
4tune

Postby Lunarboy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:58 pm

Dear Logic Pro and Notion SLE Users,

I'm asking for help, please. Since I'm new to Logic Pro, Rewire, and Notion SLE, I'm very confused. Any advice that people have would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, I need to be shown how to "slave" Notion SLE to Logic Pro. I'm not even sure where to start, except for enabling Rewire on Notion SLE.

Please excuse me if I sound ignorant. First, I'd like to know if it's possible to have the Notion score editor "read" the midi coming from Logic (I'm mostly using Miroslav Philharmonik). Or do I need to first import the midi files from Logic to Notion?

Once I have the notation information set up in the Notion score page, I'd like to be able to use the dynamic editing features (staccato, ff, pp, etc) to send them back to the Logic midi tracks and hear them.

FYI, my Logic tracks are set up as multi-timbral instrument tracks. For example, I have 1 Miroslav instrument with a few different string samples on various midi channels, and then another instrument with Woodwinds, etc.

I'll stop there for now. I've had trouble finding information online (articles or youtube videos) with information on Logic/Notion/Miroslav. If you know of any good things to read or watch, please let me know.

Again, thanks, and any tips would be great!

Lunarboy
Mac G4, OS X 10.6.4
2x2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM
Lunarboy

Postby colombod » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:10 pm

I am having the rewire out of sync issue here ... and it is almost a year since the problem was reported (from what I see in this thread). Quite frustrating also because Notion3 bounces audio (export) just as 44KHz ... while I usually work in Logic at higher sampling rates. Seriously thinking about a refund (at the end is a feature not working) and move to other solutions (Sibellius works great as rewire slave). Is there any exciting news about fixing this problem? All of this makes Notion kind of a sandbox, the only way I found was to use Digital output from my mac than feed the optical output into a Saffire digital in and reacquire. But this is not a solution of course :)
colombod

Postby Admin » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:04 pm

colombod wrote:I am having the rewire out of sync issue here ... and it is almost a year since the problem was reported (from what I see in this thread). Quite frustrating also because Notion3 bounces audio (export) just as 44KHz ... while I usually work in Logic at higher sampling rates. Seriously thinking about a refund (at the end is a feature not working) and move to other solutions (Sibellius works great as rewire slave). Is there any exciting news about fixing this problem? All of this makes Notion kind of a sandbox, the only way I found was to use Digital output from my mac than feed the optical output into a Saffire digital in and reacquire. But this is not a solution of course :)

Are you using the exported Notion audio at higher sample rates? I know some DAW's upconvert imported files, but don't know if there are any timing issues as a result.

I've never had a problem with Logic and Notion.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby colombod » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:23 pm

When logic is importing to a higher rate i get the audio time stretched and anyway, if it was generated at 44 there no way to build what wasn't there, what i would like to do is to use it as a rewire slave, but when i hit play notion get nuts when facing repetitions and marks, after those it loses timing completely. You never had this issue? can you give me some reproduction steps? otherwise i can send you my notion project if you like to give it a try. Thank you very much for your help!
colombod

Previous

Return to NOTION