Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Quick question for those of you that have VSL SE

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Quick question for those of you that have VSL SE

Postby JFetter » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:17 pm

I'm about to pull the trigger on VSL SE, but one thing concerns me. I'm actually buying just the 'string' section of SE, which looks like it doesn't come with sounds for trills.

SE PLUS, on the other hand, adds 'trills' as one of the new articulations.

Basically, if I buy VSL SE (which doesn't come with trill sounds) will Notion still figure out a way to fudge a trill sound? Or will I be forced to make trills the hard way with a succession of legato 32nd notes?

Here's a page that lists the articulations, for reference.
http://www.ilio.com/vienna/downloads/orchestra.htm

Thank you!
JFetter

Re: Quick question for those of you that have VSL SE

Postby astinov » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi JFetter,

While there will be no trill sample (and therefor no trill will be triggered) if you don't purchase the PLUS instruments, you can use a little trick to play the trills - an instrument change to a NOTION3 instrument just for the trill (you can hide it in the score) and then immediately switch back to your VSL instrument. It works quite well...You may need to tweak the instruments in the mixer a little, but other than that this trick will work.

By the way PLUS is an excellent expansion, it is certainly worth for you to consider getting it.

Hope that helps.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Re: Quick question for those of you that have VSL SE

Postby JFetter » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:14 am

Ok thanks Lubo!
JFetter

Return to NOTION