Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

XML, Notion and Logic 9

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

XML, Notion and Logic 9

Postby wizstudios » Fri May 31, 2013 3:12 pm

I want to move a project I was working on in Logic 9 before I purchased Notion 4. Logic has an XML export function, but when I try to import it into Notion, I get an error message telling me that Notion cannot read the file. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?
wizstudios

Re: XML, Notion and Logic 9

Postby ulrik » Fri May 31, 2013 3:26 pm

I think you are refering to Logics export function "Export to Final Cut Pro/XML, that is not the score information.
ulrik

Postby wizstudios » Fri May 31, 2013 10:45 pm

Thanks. Hm. Is there an Music XML export function in Logic that you are aware of?
wizstudios

Postby ulrik » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:14 am

No, not that I'm aware of.
ulrik

Postby ulrik » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:16 am

The thing you can do is to save midi from Logic and import it into Notion, that is the only thing that comes to my mind.
ulrik

Postby wizstudios » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:58 am

Good idea. Did that, it worked. Lots of effort to assign instuments and decipher what I'd done, but at least I had Miroslav handy and the piece is safely notated. Just a word of caution: it took me a little bit to figure out you have to highlight whatever you want converted to notation. after that it's pretty cool. I can also see all my mistakes. If you do this, you may want to clear velocities and quantize to notation, just to keep it all synced, then you can work on the music in a standard fashion. Thanks Ulric.
wizstudios

Return to NOTION