Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Courtesy Accidentals

Courtesy Accidentals

Postby hoplock » Sun May 19, 2013 8:45 am

Are these possible? Example: in key of D, a measure ends with the chromatic note F natural, but the next measure begins with the diatonic F#. It would be nice to confirm this intention with a courtesy #. Thanks.
hoplock

Re: Courtesy Accidentals

Postby elerouxx » Sun May 19, 2013 9:52 am

You can manually put accidentals wherever you want. So you manually put the # before the F, even when Notion knows it's a F# already because of the armature.

Notion doesn't have accidents in parenthesis if you are looking for them.
elerouxx

Postby hoplock » Sun May 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Then I am doing something wrong. I have tried 1) highlighting the note to make it green, then selecting the icon that has a sharp, natural and flat; this brings up another pallet from which I select the option at the left. Nothing happens. The second thing I've tried after selecting the note is to touch the icon that has an x for a note head; then select the icon that has the sharp, flat and natural. This gives me the enharmonic repelling of the F# to a Gflat. Please advise.
hoplock

Postby elerouxx » Sun May 19, 2013 9:11 pm

I'm very sorry for my lack of attention, I replied before thinking you were talking about the desktop version of Notion.
elerouxx

Postby hoplock » Sun May 19, 2013 9:34 pm

So are you saying it cannot be done on the IPad? I am indeed using the iPad; I understood this is a forum specifically for Notion on IPad ...
hoplock

Postby Wawoodman » Sun May 19, 2013 10:14 pm

I can do it on my iPad. In the key of C, I entered a B flat. In the next measure, I entered another B. I tap the note again, and it turns gold. I open the accidental palette, and tap the natural. On my system, a natural is applied to the note.

A parentheses option would be nice.
Wawoodman

Postby hoplock » Sun May 19, 2013 10:37 pm

Thank you. I got it to work. The trick for me was to achieve the "gold" selection as opposed to the "green" selection. This I figured out is done by touching the note head for gold, or the note for green.
hoplock

Postby Wawoodman » Mon May 20, 2013 7:18 pm

Right. It would be nice if there was written documentation. Or maybe there is, and I just haven't found it?
Wawoodman

Postby thorrild » Tue May 21, 2013 9:44 am

Hi wawoodsman,

To get to the written documentation, press the question mark at the bottom center of the home window — that's the one that shows all your available scores and lets you setup or import new files.

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Wawoodman » Tue May 21, 2013 10:50 am

Thanks. That shows what's in the menus, and some instructions.

But where are the basics? For example, where is the process of adding accidentals described, that hoplock and I just discussed? I stumbled on it. Or tuplets? Or ties and slurs?
Wawoodman

Return to Notion for iPad