Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

CC11 keep jumping to default value

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

CC11 keep jumping to default value

Postby renochew » Sun May 05, 2013 4:51 pm

I have Kontakt instrument setup inside the DAW, Notion is setup to pick up my midi keyboard signal and send the signal to the DAW through external midi.

If a turn my knob which send CC11 to the DAW, DAW did pickup the signal and response accordingly, say, I change the CC11 value to 0, but whenever I hit a key in my midi keyboard, the CC11 value immediately jump back and return to the default value. It doesn't happened to other channel like CC7 or CC1. This made me unable to control the dynamics in real time.

Can anyone confirm if they have the same result or its only happened to my system?

Thank you
R
renochew

Re: CC11 keep jumping to default value

Postby pcartwright » Sun May 05, 2013 7:22 pm

I think this happens because CC11 is used in the default rules to control dynamics. When you play into Notion, the program doesn't know which dynamic to assign so it goes with the default. Try adjusting the Generic.prules file (in Windows, it can be found in Program Files > Notion 4 > Support > PluginData > Generic > Rules).

You'll see a line that says:
<hairpin-cc value="11" />

Change the value to something other than 11 and see if that fixes your problem.

Make sure you keep a back up copy of this file in case you want/need to revert back from any changes made.
pcartwright

Return to NOTION