Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Shift Y and Group ID for Rules

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Shift Y and Group ID for Rules

Postby wcreed51 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:04 pm

Anyone? Anyone know?
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby Admin » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Any work that you do will not be obsolete. It will work congruently with both Plugin based rules or group id, per staff rules. The changes that you will need to make to your rules are very small. For a Plugin based rule set, you will use a plugin ID. In the group ID based rules, you substitute the Plugin ID with a Group ID that is a four letter string. (abcd)

Anything that you do now will easily be added to the Group ID, instrument based rules.

We should be pushing this in an update soon. I am pushing for the next update. Even if it does not contain the GUI updates.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby pcartwright » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Looking forward to this feature. Regards.
pcartwright

Postby dgriffee » Wed May 01, 2013 1:39 am

Admin wrote:... next update. Even if it does not contain the GUI updates. -Admin

8-) I'm sure there are several of us users out here who would eagerly volunteer by way of helping with a little beta testing of the basic functionality of the GroupID Named Rules feature (presumably without any special GUI interface yet).

Simply substituting a GroupID tag, instead of an InstrumentID tag in a rules xml file, seems like that aspect of it would be totally easy for anyone who has already done any custom rules mods before.

Following is only a guess: Without a special GUI, would the apostrophe hotkey that is currently used to type in any of the four letter special technique codes be a way to put the name of a GroupID into the line of a score? So like if I make a rule (or set of rules) within a pair of GroupID tags in a rules file in the Rules directory, with a GroupID name/value like "ABCD", then when I am in the score and I want to apply that to an instument part I would hit:
' ABCD
...and then click on the beginning of the line in the score to put the four letter code on that line? If so, would it need to also be added to the techniques list xml config file? (please don't anyone assume I know what I am talking about on this detail, none of us out here in userland know yet, this is just a hypothetical inquiry at this point.)
dgriffee

Postby Admin » Wed May 01, 2013 11:18 am

Without the GUI, we are using "Shift + Y". Apostraphe is for Express Entry only.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby dranck » Fri May 10, 2013 9:17 pm

I am definitely looking forward to this!

- Dave
Music can change the world because it can change people.
Bono
Dave's SoundCloud
dranck

Postby dcd111 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:50 am

Looks like Shift-Y for Group ID is now in the 4.0.328 update! Pressing Shift-Y brings up a "Use Rules" prompt, and when placed on a note it allows a four-digit code to be entered.

I'm going to run some tests and see if it works as expected.
dcd111

Postby dcd111 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:01 am

dcd111 wrote:Looks like Shift-Y for Group ID is now in the 4.0.328 update! Pressing Shift-Y brings up a "Use Rules" prompt, and when placed on a note it allows a four-digit code to be entered.

I'm going to run some tests and see if it works as expected.

So far, it works as expected! Thank you, Notion!
dcd111

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:56 am

This feature is in the latest customer release. Let us know how it is going.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to NOTION