Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Midi Import of Controllers?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Midi Import of Controllers?

Postby DrH » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:12 am

I have read elsewhere on these boards that N3 has some serious midi impotr problems. Does that include the fact that it does not import controllers and their values?

If it does import CC values, wouild someone tell me how, because it is not working for me.

Thnx!

DrH
DrH

Re: Midi Import of Controllers?

Postby Novatlan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:31 am

I think it currectly does not import CC values, but the whole MIDI import is in a state very similar to my flat when I am writing term papers, so again I would advise waiting a bit. Lubo has stated that they are trying to get a fix out at the end of December.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby DrH » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:35 pm

I'll let Santa know that it's on the top of my Xmas list. :-)

Thanks for your response,

DrH
DrH

Postby Goodman » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:41 am

Hello,
Maybe one of you can help me with my question.

If I'm using Notion as a slave to Sonar 8.5, can I use a keyboard as a midi controller to record a midi track into Sonar using one of Notion's instruments? Or is there some other way of achieving this other than using Notion as a slave? I don't want to be limited to just writing the notes in Notion and playing them through Sonar. I want to actually use a keyboard to play the orchestral sounds that are in Notion. Is this possible?

Thanks
Goodman

Postby Novatlan » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:10 am

@Goodman: I am no moderator, but nevertheless, I beg you not to cross-post. It clutters the forum.
You can rest assured that we read ALL posts, no matter how hidden they are. And at least I try to answer to all post where I think to be able to be of help.
I responded to you question in your other thread.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Return to NOTION