Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

New midi keyboard issue please help!

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

New midi keyboard issue please help!

Postby shotgunportfolio » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:02 am

Hey Guys,
I'm a NOTION SLE user since 2010, I've recently retired my m-audio keystation 88 and purchased a Casio privia PX750 (2013 model) USB out class compliant no driver required, it works flawlessly with Logic 9, GarageBand, Propellerhead Reason, Ik multimedia miroslav philharmonic (stand alone) However, even though it's showing up in NOTION SLE's midi preference drop down menu and i'm able to choose it, I'm not able to get any midi signal to Notion at all!

I've read from another music notation forum (finale) a user who was having the same issue using this same model with Finale, that it apparently sends out a high resolution midi out that Finale having issue reading, this info came from the Finale tech who apparently was in the process of working this issue with Casio, I was just wondering if Notion could be having this same issue as well?

I'm just really wanting to get some feedback from any user using Casio Privia PX series with Notion, any solution or ideas? I'm also seriously wanting to upgrade to NOTION 4, so if anyone has succesfully used this keyboard with the new Notion 4 I'll probably consider the upgrade!

Thanks in advance for reading :D
shotgunportfolio

Return to NOTION