Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Hairpin no gradual increase in volume

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Hairpin no gradual increase in volume

Postby thorrild » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:04 am

GaryExo wrote:Shortcut key to open the attachments menu and one for toggling "Show Hidden Items" would be very handy. Ctrl H for the last one, maybe? [...] I did post that initially in Feature Requests but it doesn't seem to be getting read in there.

You are right about the shortcut. I don't know if there is a built-in way to make your own shortcut keys on PCs, as there is on Macs - I made one for this exact use long ago. But if not, see if you can locate some sort of macro utility. Forum member dgriffee suggested this in a recent post to this thread - perhaps he/she can recommend a specific utility for you?

As for feature requests: I always submit them to Brian (support@notionmusic.com) by email instead of using the browser-based submission form, which doesn't generate replies or other evidence that a submission was logged. When using email, I always receive a courteous reply. Highly recommended.

On a couple of occasions, I've submitted the suggestion that there be a shortcut for "Hide" (and "Unhide"), since these actions are only available on the contextual menu (as opposed to the menus at the top of the screen), and thus off-limits for the assignment of custom keyboard shortcuts, at least on the Mac.

Note that I say, "on a couple of occasions:" I don't kid myself that the submission of a feature request automatically is rewarded with a feature. And even if it is, it may take more than one update before it makes it to the feature set.

Glad to hear that you are beginning to work creatively with those hairpins! :D

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby GaryExo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:35 pm

@thorrild: Glad you agree. It now seems to me a very obvious thing to have in Notion.

You're right about technical support. The guys are excellent and efficient. Have you submitted this idea for a shortcut key to the attachments menu to them via technical support or shall I? It's worth doing.
GaryExo

Postby thorrild » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:33 pm

GaryExo wrote:@thorrild: Have you submitted this idea for a shortcut key to the attachments menu to them via technical support or shall I? It's worth doing.

This is not an either-or. I have submitted it, and if you want it, you should too. The more the merrier! But remember that submitting a feature request doesn't entitle anyone to be automatically rewarded.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Previous

Return to NOTION