Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Problem importing from Dropbox

Problem importing from Dropbox

Postby Loeffelmusic » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:47 am

Ok, I've "successfully" setup my Dropbox account so that Notion can access it, but when I go to import something it doesn't show anything in my Dropbox menu but 'go to parent folder'...?
Loeffelmusic

Re: Problem importing from Dropbox

Postby devious21 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:21 pm

I've ran into this same issue. I ended up downloading the dropbox app for ipad. Then you can use the Dropbox app to "open with Notion". It will launch notion and import.
devious21

Postby wcreed51 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:39 pm

I thought iCloud had replaced Dropbox as the preferred transfer method.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby choirguy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:40 am

The answer indeed is the Dropbox App. You can send any MusicXML file (or Notion file, for that matter) to Dropbox, open the app, and then use "Open In" to open the file in Notion.

Notion, however, saves files (including audio) to Dropbox in a folder called "Apps" and then in a sub folder called "Notion Mobile."

iCloud still isn't what it is going to be. There's a reason why Steve Jobs tried to buy Dropbox. It will get there--eventually. Right now, Dropbox is still king.
choirguy

Postby Carlw » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:36 pm

I don't really care who is King. This is the first time ever using any app where I cannot import from DropBox, whether from inside DropBox or after jumping through the hoops to open/import from the app.

So far nothing. Goto to parent folder etc. etc. etc. Nothing.

This seems to have been an issue for well over a year, is there any support on this or just people trying to come with hacks?

I'll wait a few more days then I'll be looking for a refund if this is not resolved pronto. There's way too much to have to do in life, messing around with this type of thing sure as heck is not even close to one of them!
Carlw

Postby Brian2 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:23 am

don't really care who is King. This is the first time ever using any app where I cannot import from DropBox, whether from inside DropBox or after jumping through the hoops to open/import from the app.

So far nothing. Goto to parent folder etc. etc. etc. Nothing.

Carlw.
If you wish for Dropbox to let the Notion app see your files,

Code: Select all

-On your mac/pc - go to your dropbox folder.
  -Go to the 'Apps' folder
  -In 'Apps' -> go to the 'Notion Mobile' folder.
  -Put any files you want Notion to be able to see in this folder.

With few exceptions, Dropbox's requires that apps all use an individual "Apps/My_App" folder.

from Dropbox
App folder (recommended)

A dedicated folder named after your app is created within the Apps folder of a person's Dropbox. You get read and write access to this folder only. People can share content with your app by simply putting stuff in the folder from any of their computers or the Dropbox website.

Hope it helps!
Brian2
--.42.--
Brian2

Return to Notion for iPad