Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

jbridge

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

jbridge

Postby francois_harel » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Anyone have some problem with JBRIDGE ???
I tried it but it fail to work properly with N3.
I tried to use PLAY x64 in N3.
Thanks
Francois, Montreal
QX9650 3.0 GHz on Asus Maximus Formula, 8Gbytes, 4 SATA2 drives on Vista x64.
Finale 2011b, Sonar PE 8.5.2, KP2, K3 and K4, fullGPO, JABB, CoMB
EWQLSO Silver and Plat+ on PLAY 2.0.25
Edirol UA-1000, M-Audio Keystation Pro 88
francois_harel

Re: jbridge

Postby mkiz » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:05 pm

I was able to use jBridge with EWQLSO PLatinum PLAY 64bit vsts, but found that the Ram load was enromous. I can load 3-4 times as many instruments with the PLAY 32 bit vst without jBridge. And, since the whole reason for me to use the 64bit vst was to be able to load more instruments, I have switched back to using teh 32bit vsts. I hope this gets fixed, as it would make Notion even more powerful...
mkiz

Postby francois_harel » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Dear mkiz,
Thank you for your answer.
I always receive an error message when I attemp to authorize the Play x64 plugin. I probably don't understand how »I have to use jbridge !!!
Like you, I just want to use it to break the memory limit. you are maybe right and they can exist a bug with the x64 plugin with which, the x64 plugin is not as useful as we want !
Do you use Play 1.2.5 ?
Francois, Montreal
francois_harel

Postby mkiz » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:30 am

Yes, I am using play 1.25. I assume you follwed the directions for renaming the vsts and placing them in the right place, per the JBridge website? I am using Vista Ultimate 64bit version and have not had that particular problem.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

mkiz
mkiz

Postby francois_harel » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:20 am

Thank you mkiz,
The problem semms to be my understanding and not jbridge.
I will test it this night.

Do you think that the memory problem come from Play ?
Is the EWQL team knows that ?
We want to wait for a Play 1.2.6 ?
Francois, Montreal
francois_harel

Postby mkiz » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:12 pm

I don't think it is coming from PLAY, as I can use the 64bit vst with Sonar, and load up quite a few instruments. I suspect that it is either JBridge or Notion...

mkiz
mkiz

Postby pcartwright » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:54 pm

I've also had problems using JBridge. I've added the wrapped VSTi files to a new folder, but Notion freezes (and ultimately shuts down) when I try to use a JBridge wrapped VSTi.

Also, other posts have noted that JBridge seems to actually limit RAM usage in Notion (for reasons I don't understand). I ultimately want to be able to use all of my RAM in Notion, so does anyone have a solution for these issues?

Thanks!
pcartwright

Postby arb58 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:00 am

It would be nice to find a solution because I can't use 32 bit EWQLSO Gold at all on my system (Win 7 x64 bit), it fails to load in Notion, Sonar or standalone mode, comes up with some weird error message, I have raised a ticket with EW but still waiting for a solution.

I have no probs with the 64 bit version of Play but obviously I can't use it in Notion. I may try giving JBridge a go but there is probably not much point because of all the issues you guys are having.
arb58

Postby pcartwright » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:35 pm

pcartwright wrote:I've also had problems using JBridge. I've added the wrapped VSTi files to a new folder, but Notion freezes (and ultimately shuts down) when I try to use a JBridge wrapped VSTi.

Also, other posts have noted that JBridge seems to actually limit RAM usage in Notion (for reasons I don't understand). I ultimately want to be able to use all of my RAM in Notion, so does anyone have a solution for these issues?

Thanks!

I just wanted to bump this thread. I've recently tried to get jBridge to work with GPO4; I'm trying to load a large number of instruments and its using all of the RAM allocated to an x86 program. I'm running a 64 bit machine with Windows 7 64bit, so, as noted earlier, I'm trying to access more than 4 GB of RAM. However, I'm still having the issue where Notion freezes and closes when I try to load a jBridge version of Aria.

Has anyone been able to get jBridge to work with Notion?
pcartwright

Return to NOTION