Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Input with two keyboards

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Input with two keyboards

Postby ersteller » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:33 pm

Hallo
I've more than one keyboard and I wish to (for example) with a keyboard play a violin voice and with another play, say, oboe. The two keyboards have different MIDI channels, say 1 and 2.
Is it possible to set up a score with two staves, one for violin and another for oboe, so that I can play simultaneously with my two keyboards the two samples?
In other words, is it possible to have the staff with the violin voice to respond to channel 1 only and the staff with the oboe voice to respond to channel 2 only?
Sorry if the question is stupid, but I've tried with no success....
Thank you
er
ersteller

Re: Input with two keyboards

Postby wcreed51 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:25 pm

Notion allows only 1 input device. However, many keyboards allow splitting the keyboard up into different zones, which can be sent to different MIDI channels. If either of your keyboards has that capacity, you should be able to do just what you want.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby ersteller » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:29 am

wcreed51 wrote:Notion allows only 1 input device. However, many keyboards allow splitting the keyboard up into different zones, which can be sent to different MIDI channels. If either of your keyboards has that capacity, you should be able to do just what you want.

Thanks, but that too doesn't work, because Notions plays ONLY with the sound in the selected staff (FWIK...): If I select the violin staff and play the keyboard, then regardless the channel set in the keyboard, Notion plays violin. If I select the oboe staff, again regardless the channel set in the keyboard, Notion plays oboe....
Is there a way out?
Thank you
er
ersteller

Postby ersteller » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:00 am

MMMhhh, must I think it's impossible?
What a pity!
Thank you
er
ersteller

Return to NOTION