Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Any Info on the 4.0.313 Update I got Today?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Any Info on the 4.0.313 Update I got Today?

Postby BrundleFly » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 pm

I just got this update notification when I started Notion4 this morning. I presume it's new because I was running Notion yesterday and didn't see it then, but there doesn't seem to be an info about it on the site...? Searching the forum yielded only links to 3.x updates.
BrundleFly

Re: Any Info on the 4.0.313 Update I got Today?

Postby thorrild » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:41 pm

BrundleFly,

The updater gives you a dialog box with fixes since the release of N4, as part of the installation process. As I recall, you'll have a chance to read it before you commit to downloading it.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby sepheritoh » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:36 pm

No. It just ask if you want to update with a Yes or No option.
sepheritoh

Postby fzd » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Like said thorrild, I had a dialog box with fixes, not just a "Yes" or "No" option...
Solo, Orchestral & Chamber Strings complete, Dimension Strings, Full instruments
EWQLSO & Choirs
2 x Mac Mavericks, RAM : 32 GB & 16 GB
Notion 4

http://www.francois-zawadzki-delissen.com
fzd

Postby sepheritoh » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:06 pm

The exact message I got is Start with a big blue exclamation mark, then "A new version of Notion is available. Do you want to download and install it now" with a Yes, No, Cancel option.

And after about 2 hours of presumably doing something usefull, it came up with some error message, which I did not catch because I was bussy working on the computer.

Can Notion maybe stop discriminating against people of lesser intelligence and far off countries like myself and give us the same messages and useful options as others get ;)

and maybe allow for an option to download only and later install.
sepheritoh

Postby DaddyO » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:08 pm

Well, I just opened Notion, got the dialogue box with only "Yes", "No", and "Cancel" options and no further information. I'm running a PC. Perhaps it's a PC/ Mac difference? I don't know, but I cant' find any information on what's in the update. There's nothing in the Notion dowloads site. I answered "Yes" anyway.

Postby BrundleFly » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback, guys. If there was anything in the download prompt dialog besides "Yes", "No", and "Cancel" in my case, I didn't notice it, and went ahead with both the download and the installation. I encountered no problems with either.

I suppose something will be posted on the site eventually. I really just started using Notion with the release of N4 (since I couldn't do x64 Rewire to SONAR before that), so I'm not too concerned about anything having changed; I'm just curious.
BrundleFly

Postby ottomc » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:57 pm

I first installed the 4.0.313 update on my Windows 7 machine. Only "Yes", "No" and "Cancel".
But when I opened N4 on my MacBook Pro, the following additional information showed up,

Updates and fixes for Vienna Symphonic Library presets.
Compatibility with Play, Hauptwerk, and other plugins.

Otto
Otto Martin Christensen
www.faidros.no
ottomc

Postby DaddyO » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Ah, that's good to know that the VSL SE fix is now in there!

Postby gregmo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:31 am

I cannot "see" the 4.0.317 update. I click on "check for updates" and nothing happens, so....I'm still not able to use VSL SE, or any of the other fixes. I click and click and click for updates, NOTHING. And, Notion's site still has the latest update for Notion 3, nothing on Notion 4. I'm sure they will fix, and it will be released, but I'm curious as to why some are able to download, and others are not. Interesting.
gregmo

Next

Return to NOTION