Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Conductor view feature question

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Conductor view feature question

Postby steinja66 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:49 am

I have a feature question regarding Notion 4.0. As your screen as your tapping your way through a piece of music, with, say, a 30 piece orchestra, to see only the strings in measures 1-12, then only the brass in the next 4 measures, then to the choral parts. If I was conducting this particular piece of music, my eyes would only be in these sections as the music went by.

Maybe it's a dream, but can Notion do something like that?

Jason Stein
Notion 4/FP-10/Cubase/WinXP
steinja66

Re: Conductor view feature question

Postby thorrild » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 am

steinja66 wrote:If I was conducting this particular piece of music, my eyes would only be in these sections as the music went by.

Are you saying that, as a conductor, you prefer to concentrate only on one particular section or another, even if there is activity in other sections? — I hope I am misunderstanding this.

Have you tried working with the "Hide Resting Staves" item on the Tools menu? If you look at your score in Pages Across or Down, this feature does what you're asking for, especially if you use it in combination with the layout features of Notion, such as "Force New System." Unless, of course, you are really serious about hiding instruments that actually play. ;)

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby steinja66 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm actually referring to the score when instruments are NOT playing. As far as hiding goes, if the instrument is at rest, it will hide it from the screen?
steinja66

Postby thorrild » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:17 pm

steinja66 wrote:As far as hiding goes, if the instrument is at rest, it will hide it from the screen?

Yes. But only when viewing the score as Pages Across or Pages Down. The tool does nothing in Continuous view.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby steinja66 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:13 pm

I always use Continuous view, which may explain why I've not noticed anything. I'll try the others to see if they will work for me.
steinja66

Return to NOTION