Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Problem with Vienna Instruments in Notion 4

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Problem with Vienna Instruments in Notion 4

Postby lpgut » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:44 pm

I recently upgraded to Notion 4 and am very excited about exploring the options that a 64-bit architecture can offer. That said, I updated my Vienna Instruments player and while playing through a score a glitch occurred (playback froze and just kept looping the sample it was on). After that, I can't get the transport to play using VSL. I can use the Notion instruments, and GPO and such, but the Vienna Instrument just won't play, event after rebooting my computer (Windows 7, 8Gb RAM). :o

Has anyone else run into this problem? I had also recently downloaded the latest VSL rules and would appreciate any feedback that anyone might have. I'm using VSL Special Edition (first edition - 1 and 2) if that helps.

Thank you.
lpgut

Re: Problem with Vienna Instruments in Notion 4

Postby afg » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:34 am

If you have not checked this already, have you checked whether the samples folder in Preferences/Audio has been set to the right path where VSL resides?
afg

Postby sapkiller » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi
Don't know if this is related - but I had the same behavior when I installed Notion 4 a week ago or so, and then opened up a demo song using VE Pro, hit play and immediately is froze and looped over the sound as you describe.

I switched my RME ASIO driver to optimize multi-client mixing, and that took care of it.
All I can deduce from that is that Notion and VE Pro use same output port on the sound card and require multi-client operation.

best regards
Bjarne
best regards
Bjarne Kristiansen

Cubase 6.5, Notion 4
XEON Dual X5670, Win7 x64, 48GB RAM
2 x MR816 connected via RME Raydat
NI Complete , Vienna Symphonic Library , Spitfire, SoniVox SI Library, LASS and more
sapkiller

Postby Admin » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:22 am

Could someone please send a score to Tech Support regarding this issue? Describe the problem more specifically in the tech support email, listing your operating system, the specs on your computer, and the Vienna Sound libraries you are using.

The email address is support@notionmusic.com. We would like to try to recreate the problem.

Regards,

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby lpgut » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:22 pm

Sorry, I was out of town for the holiday so didn't get to follow up on this. I will check again tomorrow and confirm that the problem persists, and forward the score.

Please note, the problem occured after I had updated the Vienna Instruments player to the latest version. I am using the original VSL SE (#1 plus the extended library, which I think now is known as 1 and 2).
lpgut

Postby lpgut » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Well, I re-installed the newest Vienna Instruments and that seems to have fixed the problem and I'm back in business. Now, to see what Notion and VSL can do together! :D
lpgut

Return to NOTION