Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Import from Guitar Pro - No Drums

Import from Guitar Pro - No Drums

Postby Hardt » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Hello fellow Notion users,

i recently purchased Notion for iPad and so far, I'm glad I did it.
But one thing keeps bugging me.
When I import a file from Guitar Pro, and I will do that a lot, the drum track is always missing.
I can add one after the Project was loaded, but honestly, I don't want to rewrite
all the drum parts. I think you will agree, that's just not the way to go.

So I tried to search a solution for this, or some explanation at least, but utterly failed.

Do I miss something?
I hope so..

Possibly helpful Information: I'm running Notion on an iPad (obviously), 2nd Gen + 3G, iOS 5.1.1, jailbroken device.
To prevent the obligatory discussion: Of course I pruchased the App, as I did with all Apps.
I won't answer any posts (or part of posts) that lead to such an discussion.
But maybe it is an important piece of information and might be the key to some misfunction, so I thought I'd give you maximum information to begin with.

Any help or information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)
Hardt

Re: Import from Guitar Pro - No Drums

Postby jim » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:28 am

Thanks for the heads up. It should be working in Notion and drums should not come in when using Progression iPad app. Something may have gotten messed up, we'll take a look and resolve it as quickly as possible.

thanks again...
jim

Postby Hardt » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:57 pm

That's cool, I'm looking forward to the next update then.
Tank you, have a nice day.
Hardt

Postby devious21 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:20 pm

I also ran into this issue. I spent $7 on the DM1 app for ipad trying to recreate a bunch of drum beats from scratch. After an hour of that, I stumbled upon Notion and was VERY excited that I could save COUNTLESS hours having to build drum tabs from scratch.

Then I spent an hour trying to import numerous Guitar Pro tabs and found that the drums were dropped each time. I tried tabs for different guitar pro versions, different drum kits, etc.

This was the main reason I purchased this app. I want to make sure that this fix is still on the radar because the app is essentially unusable for me until it is fixed. If a fix is coming, I'll happily wait as the app looks great so far and this is exactly what I'm looking for (assuming it's working).

Thanks
devious21

Postby devious21 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Bump.

I would love to be able to get this fixed as it's the primary reason I purchased the app.
devious21

Postby devious21 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:42 am

Bumping this again. Downloaded the latest update and it still looks to be an issue.
devious21

Postby Budreaux » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:33 pm

I'm giving this another bump as it is still an issue. I recently tried to import a midi file with several tracks including a drum track. All of the other tracks imported fine. The drum track came in as a piano track. This was an irritation, but I figured I would just change the instrument to drums and all would be well. Not the case. When I changed the instrument, all of the notes were dropped out of the scale of the drums. I tried to transpose the notes to bring them up in the scale, but that did not work as well. It was my understanding that Notion could import midi files with multiple tracks (including drums). This now does not appear to be the case. Had I known this, I might have not spent the $15 to purchase. Its also aggravating that the makers of Notion have known about this for over a year and still have not come up with a fix. Jim was the last to acknowledge this problem in October of last year.

I feel I have done my due diligence trying to solve this problem in a logical manner using the software tools available. It is clearly a programming problem and something that Notion should be working on. If you need an example of the problem, go out to Midizone (available from the link in the Notion app) and do a search for Poison's "Something to Believe In". Download that file and look at the score for Rikki Rocket. That should be a drum track. See if you can get it to work and what the fix is to do this. I hope this problem does not go ignored as I have not yet rated this app. An acknowledgement of this issue would also be appreciated.
Budreaux

Postby dchalfon » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:36 am

+1 with the same issue, and it seems it has been around for quite some time.
dchalfon

Postby dchalfon » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:37 am

+1 with the same issue.
dchalfon

Return to Notion for iPad