Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Unable to open midi tile via email client

Unable to open midi tile via email client

Postby VanityVania » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Ok here is my main issue. I use both Notion and Music Studio to get my compositions down. However I am unable to open midi files anymore through the iPad email client. When touching the file icon to "Open With...." Notion is no longer opening midi files and it did so before the IOS6 update. The newest update for notion has not seemed to fix this problem. Has anyone else been having the same issues? I have never had this experience before until now.
VanityVania

Re: Unable to open midi tile via email client

Postby jim » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:42 am

We are seeing the same issue with most MIDI files since the iOS6 release. It's strange, it you use a web email client like yahoo or gmail you can open MIDI files from there...but using the Mail program in iOS6 it recognizes a MIDI file incorrectly. We are trying to find a solution, I've heard from other manufacturers about this as well. We are trying to find a workaround until Apple fixes the core issue. Sorry, but we did not see this coming with the iOS6 release.
As a workaround for now I do recommend using a web based mail solution if you have one to import MIDI files.
jim

Return to Notion for iPad