Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Full Orchestral scores for Notion3.

A Place to Share Your NOTION Files

Full Orchestral scores for Notion3.

Postby Sjamus » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:22 am

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I'd very much like to study different full Orchestral scores from J.S. Bach, Mozart or any other of the big composers, in order to learn something new. Is there a place where I could buy or maybe even download some Notion3 Orchestral scores for free?

Any help is highly appreciated :)

Best regards,

Sjamus
Sjamus

Re: Full Orchestral scores for Notion3.

Postby Teebo » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:13 pm

I can't help you with getting any of these as Notion files, but I can point you to a website that lets you download full score sheet music in PDF format. You'll be able to find tons of scores to study on this website from past composers -- particularly Bach and Mozart since their music has passed into the public domain. You won't find any stuff to download from more recent composers though (Stravinsky for example, or any film composer) because their works are still under copyright.

The website is: The International Music Score Library Project -- http://www.imslp.org/

Something I do frequently is pick a specific passage I wish to study -- input that passage into Notion and mute/solo certain instruments or sections to here how the composer has structured the piece.

Hope that helps!
Teebo

Postby Sjamus » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi Teebo.

Thanks a lot for the info :) I'll check it out. I know what you do is certainly a good way to study. I did hope there was some scores in Notion 3 format I could get hold of. I'm a guitarist and not that good at playing a keyboard so jotting full orchestral scores into Notion is really time consuming :( .

Anyone else who's got any info regarding my question?

Sjamus
Sjamus

Postby Eftwyrd » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:13 pm

Hey, you can download free MIDI-files from symphonies etc. at http://www.classicalmidiconnection.com/
So you only have to import them and tweak them a little because it's not always 100% correct what is displayed in Notion but I thinks it's the easiest way.
Eftwyrd

Postby Sjamus » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:04 am

Hello Eftwyrd.

Thanks a lot. Just what I needed. The only thing that's needed is a way to check if the MIDI scores are created according to the original scores.

I'm really greatfull.

Best regards

Sjamus.
Sjamus

Return to Share NOTION Files