Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Danza

A Place to Share Your NOTION Files

Danza

Postby Unfinished » Sat May 01, 2010 9:37 am

I thought I might as well be the first to post a Notion 3 file here and see what other users think...

I composed this piece for a house music competition for original composition at my secondary school (not sure what the American equivalent is - probably college). It is made around the themes and chords and general ideas that one of my friends had set out for his AS composition, before he decided to change direction and compose something else for it. I thought what he had done was really good so I suggested that we arrange that (it was a string quartet, piano and maracas) for piano, trumpet and 'cello, which is basically what we had available as good performers.

This piece also demonstrates a couple of fixes which need to be made to Notion 3, as you should notice at the end that the semiquaver (double line) tremolo in the left hand and the unmeasured (triple line) tremolo the bar after don't work properly. This was also the piece in which I found the problem with not having a barline at the end of a line of music if a start repeat sign follows in the line below. I changed the score size so the repeat on the first page doesn't start at the beginning of a line but if you change it to a bigger size so that it does you should see this error.
Attachments
Danza.notion
Danza
(935.69 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
Unfinished

Re: Danza

Postby Rudi » Sat May 15, 2010 11:09 am

Thanks for posting this nice piece! I'm not sure whether the problem with the bar without bar-line is due to the folloiwing repeat line. I've found a work-around to get the bar-line at the end of the staff: If you enter a forced break into the last bar of the first staff, the bar-line at the end of the second staff appears.
Rudi

Return to Share NOTION Files