Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Warlock - Capriol Suite Complete

A Place to Share Your NOTION Files

Warlock - Capriol Suite Complete

Postby idiotSavant » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Here is a link to the audio recording for the complete Capriol Suite by Peter Warlock, recorded using VSL Dimension Strings in MIRPro Sage Northern Rock Foundation Hall:

https://soundcloud.com/tensivity/warlock-capriol-suite-3-1-14

My aim with the mastering and effects was to achieve a "Living Presence" sound. I didn't come anywhere close. :D There's a warmth (and a presence, go figure) to the strings on Living Presence recordings that I can't seem to be able to capture with VSL sounds. Any advice on ensemble positioning, EQ settings, MIRPro mic settings, or other methods for trying to get that Living Presence sound would be greatly appreciated. Also, you may notice that the noise floor for the recording is very high. This was intentional and again attempts to emulate the quality of the original Living Presence sound.

I've also attached for the first time three of my Notion files for these pieces. They're fun because they're complex but short pieces. They represent many hours of work, so an attribution would be appreciated if you re-use them.

Enjoy!

1. Basse-Danze Large Orchestra 2-24-14.notion
(1.99 MiB) Downloaded 359 times

2. Pavane Large Orchestra 2-27-14.notion
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 341 times

4. Bransles Large Orchestra Master 3-1-14.notion
(2.82 MiB) Downloaded 354 times
Michael

Notion 4 Mac
VSL Dimension Strings
VSL Special Edition 1,2, Plus
Miroslav Philharmonik