Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Score Library

A Place to Share Your NOTION Files

Score Library

Postby mkral » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:35 pm

I recall earlier Notion was offering a sales commission or some such for entering classic works into Notion and offering them for sale on the site. At the time I thought it was a cool idea, but didn't have time. I'm wondering if there was any success with this earlier, and whether its still available/going to be available. I am interested in trying it out.
mkral

Re: Score Library

Postby Admin » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:10 am

Yes....this idea was definitely a good one! Unfortunately our entire "score library" for purchase is temporarily on hold. We certainly plan on reviving it, but not in what capacity we'll be bringing it back. I'll certainly post any updates here and on the site!

You can always post your files here ;) I'm hoping that we can get a good exchange of music here as it is pretty easy to post NOTION files to the board here.....

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Unfinished » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Admin wrote:We certainly plan on reviving it, but not in what capacity we'll be bringing it back.

I'm afraid I don't understand this sentence.
Unfinished

Postby Admin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:46 am

Um...yea....early morning post must have gotten the better of me :shock:

I meant to say that we'll be bringing it back, but it is probably going to function very differently than it did in the past. We're still batting around ideas, and if any of you all have ideas as to how it should work let us know!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lizzydown21 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:22 am

Hi there..New to this site.. and had really no idea of how Score Library works..
In cases that it will become availbale please do let me know about it..
I'm a bit curious about it and at the same time I am interested..
Lizzydown21

Postby songpoet » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Was this an issue of copyright? Why has there been no further developments on this topic? I can't believe this isn't a topic of interest for most Notion users. Is it possible I've missed where it has been addressed. I'd be interested in trading scores with anyone interested.
songpoet

Postby Admin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:40 pm

songpoet wrote:Was this an issue of copyright? Why has there been no further developments on this topic? I can't believe this isn't a topic of interest for most Notion users. Is it possible I've missed where it has been addressed. I'd be interested in trading scores with anyone interested.

I believe it was more a combination of copyright issues and general interest. I'll see if I can get anything dug up from the archives that we can give you.....
Admin
Site Admin

Postby GaryExo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Admin wrote:
songpoet wrote:Was this an issue of copyright? Why has there been no further developments on this topic? I can't believe this isn't a topic of interest for most Notion users. Is it possible I've missed where it has been addressed. I'd be interested in trading scores with anyone interested.

I believe it was more a combination of copyright issues and general interest. I'll see if I can get anything dug up from the archives that we can give you.....

Thanks, that would be interesting to see.
GaryExo

Postby Leosc » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:54 pm

Admin wrote:

Hmm - it'd certainly be interesting to study scores with Notion. But I thought the works of Brahms, Tchaikovsky etc. were public domain by now?
Leosc

Postby songpoet » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Admin wrote:

Thanks!! I would very much appreciate that!!
songpoet

Next

Return to Share NOTION Files