Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Ryota

A Place to Share Your NOTION Files

Ryota

Postby Xangetzu » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:46 pm

So these are pieces I have been working on for some time in general. Actually I would like to one day make them available for digital release. But they are a WIP. These were last updated a few months ago, and only recently have I discovered this forum section so I thought it may be a good idea to share my works and get some feedback, either ehre or on the page where they are located.

The sets can be found on SoundCloud.
www.soundcloud.com/xangetzu/sets/

Ryota: The Book of Embers is the first set.
Ryota: The Book of Dust is actually intended to be the third set but I simply have not gotten anything done yet for the second set.

These were all written using only notion as an audio platform. There is no additional remixing, or sampling beyond Notion4. The samples are all from East West Quantum Leap. I use the Symphonic Orchestra, RA, Stromdrum II, Pianos Gold, and Ministry of Rock I & II. To utilize multiple samples for a single non-orchestra instrument I followed the conventions listed int he plugin folder txt file. Actually once I got the hang of it, was easy to set the individual sample sets to specific channels that Notion would naturally call. So in essence there was no manipulation of any of the default settings. For Re-verb I used Spaces from East west, using their NY String Hall True surround 3.4s re-verb for the master track. In some cases I used a longer re-verb, but this was only done for a few tracks.

I hope you all enjoy it. Feel free to provide feedback, and if you do like it, and have a SoundCloud. follow me :) That would be awesome!!!

Oh forgot to mention. My favorite tracks are...
Charter 2. The End of Mortality (This was the origonal piece that created the entire project, not just this particular album)
Chapter 7. Seeker of Sol (This is the main character of the story that this music tells)
Chapter 11. A Fading Future (The end of the first album is on a bit of a low note int he overall story, this brings it on)
Chapter 12. In Memory (This one has a long re-verb trail)
Xangetzu

Re: Ryota

Postby crosati » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:07 am

Hi,

The Book of Dust is my favourite. Really beautiful.

Claudio
crosati

Re: Ryota

Postby Yves » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:20 pm

You have a created a true atmosfere with your succesion of tracks that I believe would cover beautifully your Manga Universe...
Your "Book of Dust" has a good cello introduction creating a low tension that prepared well the incoming next musical chapter....
I love the way "The Book of Amber" first chapter, started to add instruments, mixing scratch, noise, water noise, then started its progression crescendo... then I regreted that this tension do not went to blow as an explosion... but that might not be the message that you wanted to convey...
I am now at chapter 2, that I found using too much saturation, not enough "air", and dynamic... but your atmosphere is here!
I love your use of noise to creates call of attention and introduce your chapter 3,that develop with a good contrast on acoustic instruments...
Yes very good use of a modern palette of instruments indeed!

would love find your tracks on the next manga anime... :D
Notion 4/Sonar X3 producer/Reason 7-Akai EWI USB/Yamaha C2s
Synful/Wivi/VSL inst./Miroslav/GPO4/N3 Exp. Sounds/QL Solo Violin/Hauptwerk
EW Symphonic Choirs+VOP/Vocaloid 3 Prima+Tonio
QL Pianos/Garritan Steinway/EZKeys/Pianoteq 4
Waves/Clariphonic/Maag
Yves

Return to Share NOTION Files