Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Triple concerto. Hopes

A Place to Share Your NOTION Files

Triple concerto. Hopes

Postby Francois2010 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:24 pm

Hommage à Gilles Lefebvre, 30 juin 1992, 27 mai 2001.
Tribute to Gilles Lefebvre 30 June 1922, 27 May 2001.

Et bon souvenir de Paul Tortelier, violoncelliste (21 mars 1914 - 18 décembre 1990) et Vlado Perlemuter, pianiste, (26 mai 1904 - 4 septembre 2002).
Fond memories of Paul Tortelier, cello (March 21, 1914 - December 18, 1990) and Vlado Perlemuter, pianist ( May 26, 1904 -September 4, 2002).

Un triple concerto présente trois instruments solo, ici le violon, le violoncelle et le piano, supportés par un orchestre symphonique.
A triple concerto has three solo instruments, here, violin cello, piano, supported by a symphony orchestra.

NEW LINK JUNE 14th!

https://soundcloud.com/francois2010/tri ... oirs-hopes
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

Re: Triple concerto. Hopes

Postby Grawnque » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:32 pm

I'm not really qualified to comment on anything quite so atonal - I never made it out of the 19th century - but what I do know of it says that you're much better at it than I am. But I am pleased to find I'm not the only one writing concerti!
Grawnque

Postby Francois2010 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:08 am

Thank you to you!

I must tell you that with time and use, I do not see this as really atonal music. In addition, the melodies are perhaps a bit special but often lead to a tonal center. A truly atonal music is more disjointed than that.

I would like you to deposit votte music here.

Thank you again!
Francois2010

Postby Surfwhammy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:03 pm

This is quite excellent! :)

As you might know, I have a calibrated full-range studio monitor system, and this mix sounds very good . . .

I like the way the instruments and musical phrases change frequently, essentially in bursts of color, which is one way to describe it . . .

Thoroughly entertaining, and I am impressed, which is fabulous . . .

Fabulous! :)

P. S. There are a few occasional bits that one might describe as "atonal", but it sounds melodic to me, hence I consider it to be tonal. Presuming I understand "tonal" and "atonal", which might be a big presumption, I consider Schoenberg's Twelve-Tone Technique to be atonal, and while there are bits that match the frantic energy that appears every so often in the Schoenberg pieces I have heard, it is consistent rather than inconsistent, which makes it a bit like Schoenberg's Drei Klavierstücke, Op. 11 but with the added dimension of an orchestra to balance the frantic energy and atonal bits with tonality and smoothness . . .
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby Francois2010 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:41 am

Thank you very much for your testimony.

In my opinion, an atonal music does not include traditional "agreements" referred to a specific note. In tonal music so you have a series of notes that are Attracted as satellite to a main tone, usually represented by a classic chord ... as happens in pop music.

My music here has enough whimsical melodies but often result in very clear tone. We can not speak of atonality here.

Your point of view here seems very fair.

Do I understand from your message that you remixed my music? If this is the case, it surely gives interesting results.

Yesterday, I decided to choose Miroslav instruments for violin and cello. (The soloists.) I also balanced my presets with other software (parallax).

When introduced intruments from Miroslav, the dynamics are interpreted differently: I had to make a "clear special" in N3 and redo all my dynamics. (I have not finished).

Also, after all these oprations (despite my presets), the voices were not balanced. 2 Mirosalv instruments had a very low sound. So ====>? I had to use the N3 Mixer to correct this.

Despite the fact that I only added 2 Miroslav instruments (cello and violin) my computer has trouble to give me a good result. To hear well, I had to close CSR Hall and ask "None" concerning the reverb in N3 Mixer.. This gives a very dry sound! (lol). :x

I will soon change my machine or make more powerful machine. ($ $ $ $!) :(

Excuse my English, I am competent enough to realize that sometimes the Google translation makes mistakes, but against, I'm not always very competent to correct them.

Thank you again for your response. :P
Francois2010

Postby Surfwhammy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:40 pm

Francois2010 wrote:Do I understand from your message that you remixed my music? If this is the case, it surely gives interesting results.

No, I did not remix anything . . .

I listened to your mix on the calibrated full-range studio monitors here in the sound isolation studio, and your mix is excellent, which is fabulous . . .

Fabulous! :)

P. S. Regarding (a) atonal versus (b) tonal, it really depends on the way one defines these words, since in some of the many definitions the piece is atonal, but in other definitions it is tonal. After doing a bit of research, I tend to agree with Schoenberg, whose view was that there is no atonal music:

[NOTE: This perspective is based more on acoustic physics than on musical genres and styles, but I like it, since it is absolute . . . ]

"The word 'atonal' could only signify something entirely inconsistent with the nature of tone... to call any relation of tones atonal is just as farfetched as it would be to designate a relation of colors aspectral or acomplementary. There is no such antithesis."

[SOURCE: Controversy over "atonal" (wikipedia) ]

Nevertheless, there are a few occasional dissonant bits, but the way I define it, dissonance is not the same as atonality . . .

If "tonal" maps to Classical music (Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, et al.), then the piece probably is "atonal", but there are so many definitions for "atonal" and "tonal" that it depends on the way the words are defined, really . . .

Really! :idea:
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Return to Share NOTION Files