Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

A Place to Share Your NOTION Files

Postby Rwasup » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:25 am

Hi,

My name is Richard, and I am a 15 year old kid who just likes to write in my free time. I recently made some revisions on a movement of my orchestral suite, and I thought it might be fun to share a recording of it here, and hopefully get some advice and suggestions from more experienced writers. Although it's still a WIP, I'm open to comments and suggestions from everyone who is willing to help me improve on my writing.

Please let me know what you think!

Best,
Richard
Attachments
Orchestral Suite Mov. 4 Carnival Spirit.mp3
Movement 4 draft
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 394 times
Rwasup

Re: Newbie

Postby errenn » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:08 pm

Pretty good piece, though too much repetitions. Basically there are three ideas that are waiting for detailed melodic and harmonic development.

Try to expand any part of those, any motif, any few characteristic melodies. Develop their intervals, try their Counterpart (third into sixth - second into seventh - fourth into fifth etc), Try to begin with the end. Try to create mirrors of melodies. Go through the harmonics. Try harmonizing the mirrors. Try the mirrors backwards.

Don't be dependant of Sound only. Try to move the Sound according to Musical intellect, Musical logic.

You know - Music has a lot to do with mathematics, acoustically but also in repect of tone Relations.
Attachments
zwischendurch-2.mp3
an example for what I'm talking about
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 314 times
errenn

Return to Share NOTION Files