Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 3 + Pianoteq 4

A Place to Share Your NOTION Files

Re: Notion 3 + Pianoteq 4

Postby ottomc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Thanks Bob,

I will definitely keep following your YouTube channel. Good luck with the standard version of Pianoteq 4! I am a happy user of the same version myself. See you in this forum or over at YouTube.

Best,
Otto
Otto Martin Christensen
www.faidros.no
ottomc

Postby elerouxx » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Hey, Otto! I saw your other pieces made in Notion. Your music is great, thanks for sharing.

I wanted to ask you something: what's your method for recording and encoding the playback?
Also, I see that some of your scores have a text in the bottom of the first page. Did you find out a way to insert line feeds in Notion, or did you add the text line by line (by adding, for instance, several 'title' text objects?
elerouxx

Postby ottomc » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi, Emilo

Thanks a lot for your feedback, and sorry for the delayed answer -- due to my having a lazy family holiday in France these days, with reduced online activity.

The recordings that I have uploaded to YouTube are plain screencasts made with Screenflow (Mac only) from Telestream.

The text at the bottom of the first page in some of the scores is made by adding several lines to the footer or one of the other text objects that Notion lets you insert (right now, I don't remember which one I used).

Best,
Otto
Otto Martin Christensen
www.faidros.no
ottomc

Postby Tarogat » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:19 am

New to Notion4. Just installed it. In many ways (editing-wise) vastly better than Finale, though not at all impressed with the piano sounds...sounds like it's under water. Clarinet sounds overly reedy, etc. Strings - just so so. I see here that a download of PianoTeq 4 is advised...more expense. This is one thing Finale has over Notion - the sounds are in general more authentic, although there are many editing drawbacks in Finale. Another comparison between the 2 programs: the slur feature in Notion is dreadful while slurring in Finale is o.k. Part-writing in Notion is far better than in Finale, so take your pick I guess.
Tarogat

Previous

Return to Share NOTION Files