Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Piece for Clarinette and piano

A Place to Share Your NOTION Files

Piece for Clarinette and piano

Postby martial_host » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:55 pm

Here a classical and difficult piece for clarinette and piano :

http://soundcloud.com/martialhost/pours ... labyrinthe

Friendly,
Martial Host
martial_host

Re: Piece for Clarinette and piano

Postby ottomc » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:07 am

This is really an impressive piece, Martial! The first and third sections have an exhilarating Prokofiev-with-a-jazzy-touch feeling, and even the slow, middle part reminds of some lyrical passages in Prokofiev, who -- contrary to what is often said of him -- also was a great lyricist. Great! :D

Best,
Otto
Otto Martin Christensen
www.faidros.no
ottomc

Re: Piece for Clarinette and piano

Postby martial_host » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:00 am

Thanks a lot, Otto !
I'm working with this piece to make an orchestration for Clarinette and String orchestra. It's exciting.
It's true, I LOVE Prokofiev, and it's probably the reason I've some influence... but modestly ;) !
The rythmic accent give probably the jazz character you describe. But I'm a jazz musician.
In fact, it's more complex. I've learned classical music in the Royal Conservatory of Brussels, after growing in a very ecletic familial environment (classical, jazz, pop, funk, ...). And after my studies I began to learn seriously jazz harmony. And when I read Prokofiev's music, or Ravel and many others musicians of this time, I constate that they have all given they gave a lot to jazz ! It's amazing. If you analyze for example the Concert for piano in G of Ravel, or the Concerto n°2 of prokofiev, it's really modern jazz harmony ! Do that, it's amazing !
From a musician like you, it's too an honor to receive a good appreciation !!!
THANKS !
Friendly,
Martial
martial_host

Return to Share NOTION Files